Search results

1. clay49

Need pro tips on how to Velcro pedals to a pedal board

Thanks for all the tips...got it done with Dual Lock, and it’s perfect. Also took the advice about covering the bottoms of rubber-bottom pedals (mine, a Digitech Polara) with blue painters tape and that was genius!
  2. clay49

Thanks guys, just picked up some 1” Dual Lock squares...time to start sticking!
  3. clay49

I am getting ready to set up my acoustic pedal board, and was hoping to get some pro tips from you veterans on efficient use of Velcro. The reason I ask is that when I sometimes purchase used pedals, they arrive and the whole bottom surface is covered, and I think, “Really...you needed to cover...
  4. clay49

My proposed acoustic pedal board… OK to arrange the pedals in this order?

I just tried running the Polara through the loop and like that result.
  5. clay49

I love the Polara! I tried it, along with the LR baggs align series reverb, Boss RV-6 and the TC electronics Hall of Fame 2. I preferred the Polara over the other three, although the LR Baggs align series reverb was a very close second. I have the Polara set on Hall with the level and decay at...
  6. clay49

Ok, all you pedal board wizards, I finally got all the pieces together for my acoustic pedal board and now I’m just trying to arrange everything in a logical fashion. Here are my thoughts: My DI is a Fishman Aura, which has the XLR out to FOH, so given that, it seems obvious that it need to be...
  7. clay49

Suggestions for a small acoustic pedalboard mounting platform

I’ve got a Baggs Venue, Polytuner and a Boss RV-6 I am using with my acoustic rig these days...need a smallish pedalboard...never looked into these, so I have no idea what is good/reliable/easy to use, etc. Would love to get your feedback...many thanks.
  8. clay49

Fishman Aura Spectrum DI...Pros? Cons?

Curious about this DI. Haven’t had a chance to try one yet, but I do have a Baggs Venue, which allows you to tweak the actual sound of your own guitar. Is the Spectrum DI more of an acoustic “modeler”? I am a proud Kemper Profile Amp user, so I love the sounds I get with my Michael Britt files...
  9. clay49

So what’s a popular overdrive pedal these days?

Barber...doesn’t matter which one because they’re all incredible! I love my compact Direct Drive, and my GCX.
  10. clay49

Barber Gain Changer vs. Direct Drive - main differences???

After A/B-ing my new CGSR (black casing) next to my Direct Drive (compact), I think I prefer both settings of the DD over the GCSR, so I’m going to put a listing in the emporium for a straight trade with someone for another DD, and that way, I can get both settings I like from the same pedal, by...
  11. clay49

I just got the last of the b-stock Gain changers with the black casing, but I think he has more with the cream shell.
  12. clay49

Would love to, but can’t find one available anywhere
  13. clay49

In what way does it vary from the original Gain Changer?
  14. clay49

That’s good to know, I love my DD, but would like a lower gain version of the DD.
  15. clay49

In a few bullet points, those of you who’ve compared them side by side, what are the main differences between the new Direct Drive and the Gain Changer?
  16. clay49

Blackstar LT Pedal line...thoughts, opinions, comparisions, good, meh???

I guess it gets measured against what else has made it into your "top 3 list" or "what's working for me now my pedalboard." And then there's the whole YMMV aspect, since we all have differing opinions of what an OD, Distortion, boost pedal should sound like, or what it is we are seeking to...
  17. clay49

Blackstar LT Pedal line...thoughts, opinions, comparisions, good, meh???

I'm looking for some different OD/Boost pedals these days, and was wondering about the Blackstar LT line. I'm curious because I just picked up a Blackstar HT-5RH to couple with my 3rd Power 1x12 Switchback cab that has a Celestion CL80 speaker, and I really like the amp, especially with a...
  18. clay49

JHS Morning Glory...V3 - V4...what's the difference?

Looking for a used Morning Glory, and I'm seeing V3 and V4...what are the significant differences in the two versions???
  19. clay49

Suggestions needed for organic/transparent OD/Gain pedal

Since I posted this, I guess I should define it. By organic, I mean that it doesn't affect the basic sound of the amp by adding unwanted compression, or too much of any of the total spectrum, that changes the nature of the amp's overdrive. I'm just looking for something that will kick it up a...
  20. clay49

Suggestions needed for organic/transparent OD/Gain pedal

I'm looking for a good transparent/organic OD/gain pedal (or pedals) to use with my new 3rd Power Citizen Gain CSR head. I LOVE this head...best classic rock tone I've found in an amp in years. The clean channel is chimey and rich, and the OD channel has very light gain all the way to near...
  21. clay49

Favorite screamer-ish pedal from list for Gibsons and Marshalls?

I love the Grid Slammer, in fact, looking for another one at this moment!
  22. clay49

Delay pedal recommendation, please

Thanks for posting!
  23. clay49

So...are you going to keep us in suspense, or are you going to show us your secret perfect settings for the carbon copy (or post pic of your pedal w/settings)???
  24. clay49

Nah...I've got good restraint. I refuse to spend more than $150 on any pedal of any kind. I've owned so many boutique pedals (of other types...mainly OD) made by boutique builders, and in the end, they're really no better than the old mainline standards readily available.
Top Bottom