Search results

1. Yr Blues

Any idea how celluloid picks are manufactured?

That looked safe enough. :dunno
  2. Yr Blues

I suppose moulds and explosive chemicals … but at a scale where no one gets hurt. :red
  3. Yr Blues

I want to make my own. :dunno
  4. Yr Blues

What tools do I need to copy my Squier MINI?

But what if I made a premium version of the mini?! I love its size.
  5. Yr Blues

Thanks a bunch! I searched the web for something like this but came up with nuffin'.
  6. Yr Blues

I want to try duplicating it. Where should I start and what measuring tools do I need? Thanks.
  7. Yr Blues

Anyone make a 2 way Strat/Tele switch?

It doesn't matter trying to persuade me to find another solution. I could use any other 2 way switch, but I like the feel of the blade. It's smooth. The throw is long. Looks cool. I might have to make/mod one.
  8. Yr Blues

Anyone make a 2 way Strat/Tele switch?

Or is it possible to mod to only have 2 positions?
  9. Yr Blues

Is their celluloid resin for molds?

Other than mass production, right? All the pick and pickguard makers use celluloid. Maybe I should contact a manufacturer.
  10. Yr Blues

he emailed just now saying he only uses polyurethane, i want to learn diy stuff esp celluloid for picks and guards, etc.
  11. Yr Blues

I want to cast faux turtle shell knobs of my own design. not sure how they make that brown transparent swirl or where to get the resin.
  12. Yr Blues

neck length vs scale length

But if it doesn't have a fretboard, like pic above, i can put the frets to correspond to the bridge placement.
  13. Yr Blues

neck length vs scale length

does it even matter the length of the neck if i can place the bridge anywhere for any scale length? stewmac told me that their neck wont work for a 24.5 scale length. i guess they were meant to hit the body at the 12th fret, but if i dont care about that, i can break that rule
  14. Yr Blues

The Soldering Mega Thread

They make a cheaper Junior model.
  15. Yr Blues

Curious, what make model are you using?
  16. Yr Blues

I'm thinking get the cheapest one so I can figure out what I really want. I can always give it away or sell it. It'll be for learning to put some fuzz kits together. Nothing hardcore.
  17. Yr Blues

How about this one? I appreciate your advice and expertise. :aok https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vise-Bench-Swivel-Clamp-3-Tabletop-Vice-Tilt-Rotates-360-Work-Tool-Portable/174448361740?epid=10019629167&hash=item289deec10c:g:vW0AAOSw8GFfavu6
  18. Yr Blues

https://www.harborfreight.com/2-1-2-half-inch-table-swivel-vise-97160.html
  19. Yr Blues

How about this? Although I doubt it’ll stick to my porous table. https://www.harborfreight.com/2-3-4-quarter-inch-articulated-vacuum-vise-3311.html
  20. Yr Blues

Is there any kind of DIY helping hands?
  21. Yr Blues

Any easy way to accurately copy/trace a body?

I have some 3/4 bodies I want to try copying.
  22. Yr Blues

How is this wiring channel routed?

How is it wiring channel for the neck pickup made?
  23. Yr Blues

'56-'64 Musicmaster Duo-Sonic dimensions? (22.5" scale)

If anyone has the dimensions, please let me know. Body, neck, and pickguard. Thanks.
Top Bottom