Search results

1. A

5 bands that influenced your style and sound most when first learning guitar.

Pearl Jam Led Zeppelin Jane’s Addiction Smashing Pumpkins Hum
  2. A

What Are Your "Perfect" Albums?

Ten Gish Car wheels on a gravel road Trace Ritual de lo habitual Physical graffiti Little earthquakes Downward is heavenward
  3. A

Best album-closing songs

“Classic Girl” from Jane’s Addiction’s Ritual de lo Habitual
  4. A

Who was your “Hendrix”?

Dave Navarro (ritual and nothing’s shocking) Billy Corgan (Gish and Siamese dream) Matthew Sweet’s Girlfriend
  5. A

Who did you see at a small club gig that blew you away?

Afghan whigs Chris Whitley The innocence mission Ani difranco Morphine Son volt Belly Catherine wheel Rage against the machine
  6. A

Most unique 90’s guitar tone

I thought Ford said his leads were mostly 1987 JMP through a Les Paul with humbuckers.
  7. A

What are you listening to right now?

Kathleen Edwards "Live At Massey Hall" May 4, 2018
  8. A

My rig sounds really bad and I don’t know why.

I get most of my overdrive sounds from my amp and a treble booster. I have found that turning up the amp to get the output tubes really working is also key. When the output tubes are working, the sound expands and sustains in a way that preamp gain cannot provide alone. You may be doing this...
  9. A

What are you listening to right now?

Wes Montgomery "Here's That Rainy Day" London 1965
  10. A

It's night. You're in the mountains with seven good friends outside the tent. The tune is...?

No music. Just the crackling of wood in the fire and the sound of wind and wildlife harmonizing.
  11. A

Stones are better than the Beatles because...

I'll opt for Led Zeppelin and Jimi Hendrix over either. Although if I have to vote based on the OP's question, I gotta go Stones for the win.
  12. A

What is your favorite "grunge" band?

We need Screaming Trees and Dinosaur Jr. on the list. Neither is my favorite, but both bands should be on it!!! I would go with Smashing Pumpkins, but I am really only a fan of Gish and Siamese Dream.
  13. A

Would you sell a Rolex that was a gift in order to fund a guitar purchase?

What's a Rolex? You sold it already, right?
  14. A

Does Eric Johnson play too fast at times?

I agree with all your points. I also just want to add that when I listen to EJ I don't feel jealous (although I can not play anything like the way he does), instead, I usually feel upbeat and inspired.
  15. A

You know the gig was bad when......

...you know the gig was bad.
  16. A

What are the best of the Stone Temple Pilot albums?

Purple is all kinds of awesome!
  17. A

Desert Island Picks - 10 Albums you can't live without

Copper Blue is such a great, great album!
  18. A

Is Anthony Kiedis the best Gen X lyricist?

Day for Night and Road Apples are on another level. Just amazing, amazing albums.
  19. A

POLL: Favorite Led Zeppelin studio album?

Physical Graffiti - For me, this album is simply majestic.
  20. A

Almost cut my strings, happened just today!

Perhaps try playing in a new tuning,. It has been many, many years since I was in a playing funk, but I do remember that trying a new tuning can be a really exciting way to find new inspiration. Just a thought. Here's to getting through the angst quickly.
Top Bottom