Search results

1. GreenKnight18

Would you rather own a custom shop guitar or vintage guitar?

I had both and stuck with my FCS guitar because the vintage Fenders I had didn't have the specs and all-around feel of the FCS I kept. Keep in mind I'm talking about Jaguars-- so not the most sought-after vintage guitars even now. Since then I have played one of those vintage unicorn guitars, a...
  2. GreenKnight18

Yay Reverb!

Buy what things? Everything? What are you buying at other places that you are avoiding on Reverb? If you want basic, easily available guitar gear that you can get anywhere Reverb might not be the best choice, but let's say you like some pedal from the early 90s or a random model of Ibanez. Does...
  3. GreenKnight18

5 pauls one riff

I already have more guitars than I feel I need. If I started picking up every cheap guitar I liked the looks of I’d be in trouble! I stick to pricier guitars to save me from myself.
  4. GreenKnight18

5 pauls one riff

Many guitarists will claim that they "just play" or that fingers thing but I feel like a lot of us also understand that looks play a major role. It has been part of rock and all music forever. Lets not forget that having a nice dialed-in amp sound will get you nearly all the way there. [Recent...
  5. GreenKnight18

Should I buy A Fender Masterbuilt Guitar

Guitars are not just tools. They are to some for sure, but for most players, guitars become more than tools, and even the ‘they are just tools’ players do this when they go out of their way to prove their particular approach. I got my FCS guitar 14 years ago. I still love it. I never thought it...
  6. GreenKnight18

Should I buy A Fender Masterbuilt Guitar

I can see why one might roll their eyes at a guitar like the one in your example, but how common is that? Generally when you buy a Fender Custom Shop guitar you want it to sound and play like great examples of the same model. People point out all the time that you can get the exact same sounds...
  7. GreenKnight18

Mustang replacement necks ... anyone other than Warmoth?

I don't think they do. They seem to do limited runs of various necks, but yeah, probably not useful at all for your needs.
  8. GreenKnight18

Mustang replacement necks ... anyone other than Warmoth?

Since they are just 24" scale necks that means they can take any Jaguar neck (I'm sure you know this, but just bringing it up for others that may not). You can get All Parts or Musikraft versions too.
  9. GreenKnight18

You know what you don't see too often? Green guitars. Maybe post green guitars.

Green guitars come up pretty regularly here, and I am always happy to share my pics.
  10. GreenKnight18

Is there still a market for ridiculous signature guitars ?

My Masterbuilt Fender Custom Shop Signature guitar is ridiculous and expensive and only a very small number of people would like it based on its specs and color. Even less people would want it trying to emulate my playing.
  11. GreenKnight18

Sweetwater Gear Exchange to compete with Reverb

Maybe you could get your rep to make calls for you. "Hi this is Mark from Sweetwater. Just wanted to see how you were doing and let you know my main guy TJontheRoad has a beat up TubeScreamer pedal for sale: $60 plus shipping."
  12. GreenKnight18

No love at the offset guitar forums, but...

I frequent both places. This is just cross-town rival stuff. TGP has plenty of snobs too, they are just snobby about different things, and generally from both sides (pro and anti Fender Custom Shop threads for example). Suhr does good block inlays (I am snobby about ‘my’ take on...
  13. GreenKnight18

Ever realize you’re just…done?

The less you are looking the easier it is to find stuff like gear.
  14. GreenKnight18

Ever realize you’re just…done?

Sounds like someone needs to explore Jazzmasters.
  15. GreenKnight18

For Fender Loyalists... I have a question

I tried a few G&Ls. Some of them are really cool, but one was too heavy and it also had a massive neck. The other one had Z coils, which were too hot for me. I’m happy with my Fenders (and partscasters).
  16. GreenKnight18

Gibson = Dad Rock? Has Gibson miscalculated for the future?

I haven't seen too many people here under the age of say, 35? disagreeing. It probably means that TGP = Dad Rock. I mean... I'm 49 and a dad. Indierock for me though, so DadX Rock.
  17. GreenKnight18

Gibson = Dad Rock? Has Gibson miscalculated for the future?

How much did your grandfather pay you per hour?
  18. GreenKnight18

Post only photos of your full guitar collection. No descriptions!

Okay, StringBender200plus. Impressive!
  19. GreenKnight18

Post only photos of your full guitar collection. No descriptions!

Does your username refer to the number of guitars you have?
  20. GreenKnight18

An American made EVH Wolfgang is 4600?!?!?!

Do you envy every single thing you don’t think is worth it? Even the things you don’t want or need? I’m not a yacht guy. I’m not really even a boat guy. That’s fine. If you want a nice yacht, live the yacht life, and listen to sweet yacht rock then do it. I’m not envious of a yacht and yes...
  21. GreenKnight18

Guitar Center used... I know it goes without saying but Caveat Emptor...

I don't think it's a big conspiracy either; I'm just marveling at all these sneaky mofos out there that pull stuff like this. A lot of people don't have that much of a problem seemingly screwing over a large faceless corporation like Guitar Center owned by some equally faceless private equity...
  22. GreenKnight18

Guitar Center used... I know it goes without saying but Caveat Emptor...

How much money do you think you can make off stripping used Guitar Center guitars for parts? Like I get that you can make a few hundred bucks and maybe with a well-run gang of guitar parts thieves you could do okay... but really? This is a weird grey market.
  23. GreenKnight18

How Quickly Do You Know?

Similar thing happened with me too. I had been playing strats forever, and hearing Jazzmasters (and later Jaguars) were like "YES!" It was that Fender single coil sound with that extra element that had been missing to my ears. Everything finally fell into place.
  24. GreenKnight18

How Quickly Do You Know?

I was initially underwhelmed with my #1 guitar (aside from liking the looks). Around a year later I realized that I had really bonded with it. Most of the rest of the time it's only been a matter of minutes.
Top Bottom