• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. SouthpawGuy

Happy NGD (SG)? I'm not sure...

WTF ??? I'd send it back asap
  2. SouthpawGuy

How do you classify your collection?

Leaning to the left. :)
  3. SouthpawGuy

Phrases you can't hear without thinking of a song

Everytime someone excuses themselves to use the bathroom ....
  4. SouthpawGuy

G&L ASAT Special and Fender Amps

I have several MFD equipped G&Ls, I've found that the higher output the MFD is the more likely it is that an amp may not like that guitar. Never played any of them through a Princeton or DR, I have a Blues Junior and all sound great though that amp, same goes for a Vox AC30CCII. I also have a...
  5. SouthpawGuy

Taking pictures of your guitars/amps....

Thanks. That's Molly in my avatar pic, a Jack Russell terrier. She's only a few weeks old in that pic, she's 11 in August of this year. Molly 2008 ... .. and about three years ago
  6. SouthpawGuy

Taking pictures of your guitars/amps....

I use aperture priority on a cheap digital camera on a cheap tripod ( that's the key), using only available natural light. Some of my results
  7. SouthpawGuy

PSA: SDOD G&L ASAT

Link goes to a Fender Tony Franklin Fretless Precision Bass Black
  8. SouthpawGuy

Tele players, bridge pickup roll off

If your pots are right handed, but wire left handed on a lefty guitar, then they will act more like on / off switches. i.e. your pots will have little effect from 10 down to 3 or 4, then all of the taper occurs from 2 down to 0, so it feels like an on / off switch, and is very difficult to use...
  9. SouthpawGuy

Japanese Alembic Style Guitar-Anyone Know Who Made It?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1219462
  10. SouthpawGuy

Japanese Alembic Style Guitar-Anyone Know Who Made It?

An EKO maybe ? They had some really oddball quirky guitars, and were fond of using a zero fret, plus they made copies of Japanese guitars. Here's an EKO listed on reverb .... https://reverb.com/item/13226783-eko-m-20-benchmark-thru-neck-electric-guitar-japan-1970s-80s-ibanez-bench-mark
  11. SouthpawGuy

Listing photos, where guitars are on concrete, etc

Like this ? :) It's resting on an old sweatshirt ;) I know what you mean though, guitars and concrete etc :eek:
  12. SouthpawGuy

NGD: Lefty strat volume/tone knob question

Yes. That's how most of mine are, they are right handed pots wired right handed but in a lefty guitar. The taper works as it should, but volume swells are not possible. Is your AV Strat stock or did someone mod it ?
  13. SouthpawGuy

To be honest, I don't know. Lefty pots aren't just right handed pots wired in reverse, the on /off effect with no taper happens when a right handed pot is wired lefty. The taper is different on a true lefty pot. I've gotten so used to using "normal" righty pots that I can't use a guitar with...
  14. SouthpawGuy

Show your SG

My '97 SG Standard, stock with the high output pickups ( 480 / 490T ? ). I had a set of Seth Lovers ready to be used in this guitar when I bought it, but honestly the stock pickups sound excellent. The same pickups sounded terrible in my '90 LP Std. It has a fat neck and no neck dive. And...
  15. SouthpawGuy

You need left handed pots that are wired left handed. It sounds like your new strat has right handed pots. I'm left handed and play left handed but I prefer to use right handed pots wired right handed, the opposite of lots of lefties, but the pots function properly with gradual taper of volume...
  16. SouthpawGuy

What's your favourite solidbody P90 guitar ?

Congrats, careful though, they're addictive ! Here's another Heritage solid body of mine with P90s ( Duncan P-Rails, cheating a bit). It's a 170, now discontinued I believe
  17. SouthpawGuy

What's your favourite solidbody P90 guitar ?

Heritage 137 Larrivee RS2 EBMM Axis SS Rosewood MM90 My favourite by far is the Heritage, it kills the other two.
  18. SouthpawGuy

Ngd Hamer content

Excellent, congrats !
  19. SouthpawGuy

is there a recent "show your superstrat" thread somewhere?

I had a Charvel 475 Deluxe, bought new in '89 or '90. It was the worst guitar I've ever had ( I had to order it sight unseen ). Put me off Charvels for a long time. The shop I got it from did take it back and gave me store credit, I then ordered the purple ESP S800 pictured above, waited 4...
  20. SouthpawGuy

I found a lot of them online, Ebay, stores, forums etc. The market for lefty guitars has never been more abundant. There are lots of groups on facebook as well, a lot of guys selling the same guitars on many of them, but the days of seeing only a lefty MIM strat or Epi LP for sale are long...
  21. SouthpawGuy

More ... Kramer Pacer Imperial EBMM Silo Special G&L Legacy HB G&L F100