• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. wrightdude

Strictly FUZZ

So... I was cleaning out from under the basement steps and found this: ^^^ its got a couple loose wires, but gonna hook it up and see if it works as soon as I can.... :)
  2. wrightdude

Strictly FUZZ

Congrats! LOVE the four eyes! (and the Carcosa!) Man... was this really 8 years ago????? ^^^ funny to see the old gear... ironically, Four Eyes and Pharaoh are the only survivors.... LOL!
  3. wrightdude

Strictly FUZZ

Ever convince yourself you wanna sell a fuzz... then make the mistake of checking it to make sure it still works??? LOL! I.E. plug it in and think... OMG I LOVE IT! No way ima gonna selll!!!! (was the Jext Telev Dizzy for me today!!!! lol!)
  4. wrightdude

Strictly FUZZ

Is clean-up like a fuzz face important to you? One of my favs for a while now is Basic Audio Orpheum. You can use the clean-up like a fuzz face, but then its "more" than a fuzz face opened up... both in vol and available textures (can even get some octave up with it in some settings). I used it...
  5. wrightdude

Strictly FUZZ

What is the pedal with red knobs and VU meter? VU meter makes me think RML but not sure about the rest of the aesthetic? Looks cool tho!
  6. wrightdude

Help dating a Vintage Gibson Electraharp Pedal Steel please

Thanks folks! Yeah, early 50s is within the window I have surmised... I.E. P90 makes it pre-57. The pots have no markings.... Thanks again!
  7. wrightdude

Help dating a Vintage Gibson Electraharp Pedal Steel please

Hi Folks, Cleaning out the closets and found a pedal Steel guitar that belonged to my wife's father that we forgot we had... lol! I know little about them and see conflicting listings on various sites. Ignoring that and going with what I read on Gibson site, this one appears to be at least...
  8. wrightdude

Strictly FUZZ

Thanks! Always good to know there are more weirdos in the world.... lol! :) (and I mean that as a compliment...! :aok) Some great specimens there! But man... that white Electron! :love: Yes... sloppy subs, synthy sustain, sweet clean-up.... all found within Texsur... maybe even found here:
  9. wrightdude

Strictly FUZZ

Here is a quick BA Pendulum clip. Oscillations modulated by my proprietary robotic controlled tone control.... :) ^^^ also used a crazy transient triggered pan effect in Reaper... sorry about that.... :eek:
  10. wrightdude

Strictly FUZZ

still doin the 8 step boogie.... :) That looks cool tho!
  11. wrightdude

Strictly FUZZ

Cool! I think "Get in Line" was the first clip I heard of yours on soundcloud way back when... lol! Instant fan! :)
  12. wrightdude

Strictly FUZZ

Yeah... check out Tony Levin and/or Trey Gunn's work with King Crimson! Cool thing too, the model Jeremy used in the Home Planet clips has separate outputs for the "melody" vs "bass" strings so left and right hands can sound like two different people.... lol! Four of the six tracks were recorded...
  13. wrightdude

Strictly FUZZ

With help from Jeremy Cubert (Chapman Stick, Keyboards, LinnStrument) we expanded the clip I made a while ago using BA Texsur. Can stream on Bandcamp: https://homeplanet3rd.bandcamp.com/track/atmospheres We also put together this album collecting our pre-covid jams and two postcovid studio...
  14. wrightdude

Strictly FUZZ

Sorry I lag behind... too late for fuzz n pups? 20180413_140517 by wrightdude posted Apr 13, 2018 at 2:18 PM 20180320_090609 by wrightdude posted Mar 20, 2018 at 11:14 AM Reverend_390_wmoz by wrightdude posted Apr 26, 2017 at 3:45 PM Moz by wrightdude posted Nov 30, 2016 at 8:30 AM
  15. wrightdude

Strictly FUZZ

Reverends! LOVE the bass cut too! Works great to control fuzz! Double_agent01 by wrightdude posted Feb 15, 2016 at 9:14 PM Reverend_390 by wrightdude posted Apr 26, 2017 at 3:46 PM
  16. wrightdude

Strictly FUZZ

Are you sure @friend33 was not talking about Jack Bruce? :confused::)
  17. wrightdude

Strictly FUZZ

Still an all time fav! :)
  18. wrightdude

Strictly FUZZ

Here is another clip with me on guitar/drums and Jeremy Cubert on Chapman Stick (and orig backing composition). Fuzz is Tornita in fuzz oscillation mode: ^^^ replete with a couple Charlie Foxtrot excursions... and a real-time loop at the end mangled by Particle :)
  19. wrightdude

Strictly FUZZ

Also... i have had luck reamping after recording fuzz direct.... but never tried "refuzzing" lol
  20. wrightdude

Strictly FUZZ

i remember seeing an "unbuffer" somewhere for these purposes...
  21. wrightdude

Strictly FUZZ

Texsur is ultra responsive... made this short clip a while ago... one setting, no changes on guitar... all differences in sound by pick attack alone:
  22. wrightdude

Strictly FUZZ

I see what you did there.... :) It does sing like a siren... and can also sound like a siren.... lol! Si has the crumble "and" the rumble! :dude
  23. wrightdude

Strictly FUZZ

its a basic audio pendulum... hot off the press! Interesting interaction with guitar pups in the setting i was using.... with strat, squeals with one pup, then gates with two... pretty cool! Thanks!
  24. wrightdude

Strictly FUZZ

Oh man... just scratched surface... this thing sings! @basicaudio Just fired it up and made quick recording... extemporaneous meandering over short loop... will make more considered clip later after turning a few more knobs.... :)
  25. wrightdude

Strictly FUZZ

You been rocking the Electron a long time now! I gotta dust mine off! :oops::)