• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. Mike M

What pickups are these? My 65 Firebird Non-Reverse

I have had my 1965 Gibson Firebird Non- Reverse for years and switched out these pickups when I bought it. They were extremely microphonic and squealed terribly. I installed new, Gibson mini-hum's, but I would like to know what these original pickups that came in the guitar are. I didn't...
  2. Mike M

Broken pot on Vintage Les Paul. Best Way to fix?

Thank you for your reply. Couldn't I push up the tabs that hold the back to release the parts and replace the disc and lug portion of the pot? I could unsolder the lugs and simply replace the shaft and disc portion with a new one. That way I could keep the vintage back and not touch the...
  3. Mike M

Broken pot on Vintage Les Paul. Best Way to fix?

My volume control pot on my 72 LP Custom has gone bad. Full volume works, but after turning it down from 8 and below, it completely goes silent. I have tried using DeOxit with no luck. I hate to unsolder it and replace because the guitar is completely mint and untouched. Any thoughts on how...
  4. Mike M

Cheap alternative to Filtertron's?

I have a guitar that has no pickups in it. I want something different and I have never owned anything with Filtertron's. Can you recommend a Filtertron alternative that is cheaper than what is available from SD, TV Jones, Lollar, etc? I would like the Gretsch sound, but with a bit more...
  5. Mike M

Tonepros saddles replacement?

I have 2 Tonepros wraparound bridges that I want to replace the saddles. Can you recommend replacement saddles and where to buy them? TOnepros doesn't have anything on their site. I would like to try Tusq, but I don't see any options for the wrap tailpiece. Thanks!
  6. Mike M

Warped Vintage pickguard from 65 Firebird

Is there any safe way to fix a warped pickguard from a 65 Firebird Non- Reverse? It is not only warped but is shrinking as well. The holes in the pickguard for the screws are struggling to line up and has several areas that are badly warped. Any thoughts on how to fix or does anyone know...
  7. Mike M

3 Pickups with 6 way rotary switch diagram?

Hello! Does anyone have a wiring schematic I can use for a guitar I built? Right now it is wired with 3 P-90's and a 5-way rotary, but I would like to add a 6-way rotary in order to have the option of Neck/Bridge together. Currently, it is wired to have the typical 5 settings ( like a Strat)...
  8. Mike M

A little Gustavsson Guitars love!

Maybe one of my favorite colors of all time!!
  9. Mike M

Here are a few more I found about the WW 6...or 10
  10. Mike M

My Wildwood 6.
  11. Mike M

I need a 3 pickup wiring diagram. Please help!

Hello, I am close to finishing a project and after many Google searches, I cannot seem to find what I am looking for. If anyone can help me, I would greatly appreciate it! This is what I have: 3 Mini Humbuckers (4 conductor wire w/ bare wire) 1 Vol 1 Tone 5-way switch (Strat) Push/pull to...
  12. Mike M

Awesome article about Fogerty's lost Rickenbacker

Not sure if this had been posted, but great story....... http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/john-fogerty-reunited-with-creedence-guitar-after-44-years-w467337
  13. Mike M

Avatar will begin making FRFR cabs

Just got the link from Avatar..... Need to check this one out! (BTW I have no affiliation with Avatar) https://avatarspeakers.com/shop/guitar-cabinets/traditional/g212-traditional-frfr/
  14. Mike M

Avatar will begin making FRFR cabs

Just received an email from Dave at Avatar and he said the first batch of FRFR cabs are ready and will be on the website in the next day or so. Interested to see what they have.
  15. Mike M

Connecting 2 cabinets to one input jack?

And this is why I should never pick up a soldering iron again. Ha
  16. Mike M

Thanks again. So I wired the box this afternoon. I connected 2 of my 16ohm cabs into the serial box and measured the Ohms with a multimeter. It came out as 16 ohms. How can 16 ohms + 16 ohms= 16ohms? I have to be doing something wrong. Here is a pic of what I did. Looking at the pic, the...
  17. Mike M

Kind of a random configuration, but my main goal is to be able to use all three of my cabinets together without hurting my amp. I have a Dr Z 2x12 cab that is 16 ohms, then 2 separate 1x12 cabs that are 8 ohms each. My Kemper is rated for 8-16 ohms. I was looking to build the Series box so I...
  18. Mike M

Ugh. So I went and picked up the supplies today to build a box like the Palmer mentioned above. 2 Cab outs, 1 Parallel in, 1 Series In. I soldered everything in and it became apparent that I had done something wrong. No need to get into details, but lets just say I tried and failed. Anyone...
  19. Mike M

Thanks for the info. Are there any companies that make the box that I could purchase that you know of. I tried Google and did not see anything.
  20. Mike M

Sorry in advance if this is a dumb question, but I want to connect 2 of my 1x12 cabinets into my new Kemper amp head. The Kemper only has 1 cabinet jack for 8-16 ohm cabs. Is there a box or adapter that I can plug both cabinets into and then run 1 cord into the head? Is this safe for the amp...
  21. Mike M

Stratocaster Fret out!!

Yes, They were leveled under tension.
  22. Mike M

Stratocaster Fret out!!

So can anyone give me some ideas how to get rid of the fret out I get on my strat. I have some experience with building and setting up guitars, but this one is really bothering me. It's a strat partsocaster. Neck is maple 9.5 radius. I have leveled all high frets and crowned them. No high...
  23. Mike M

Tone Emporium Pickups

Restarting this thread. Anyone else try these pickups? They are out of Canada, but are they made there or imported from elsewhere? Looking at a set of the humbuckers. Thanks!