• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. Jiminvan

Lovepedal Hermida SNS Appreciation Thread Part Deux--The Ham Sammich Lives!

Do you own a smartphone? How do you know whether it's microphone is on or off when you're not using it? The Amazon Echo has two killer apps: as a music player and for shopping lists. I can be in the middle of cooking something and say "Alexa add olive oil" and it puts it on the shopping list...
  2. Jiminvan

That's rough man I'm sorry for your loss.
  3. Jiminvan

Thanks everyone. Prognosis is good but it may be a long road.
  4. Jiminvan

Well I won't be playing for a while.. Did a dumb thing reaching for something high up and wearing my wedding ring which got hooked on something and...UGH!!! Could have been worse - sometimes the finger can be unsavable. I needed a fracture set with pins, a vein graft, and a skin graft, done by...
  5. Jiminvan

Shouldn't do that. Try tightening up all the chassis mounted bits - jacks, switch, etc.
  6. Jiminvan

+1 on Allen amps. I have the Accomplice Jr with the 35W transformer so it's basically a 35ib. Vibrolux Reverb with a raw control in a 1x10 grab and go combo, but no trem. Awesome amp, and I have trem pedals.
  7. Jiminvan

Love the cover pic on that video. Wonder what a full set of original script logo MXR pedals is worth?!
  8. Jiminvan

Nothing yet. Congrat's on the kids (plural!) and everything else!
  9. Jiminvan

Ya me too. I'd never heard of that series of hop-specific IPA's and would love to sample all 4. But it may not be current - it was just a hit in a Google Images search on "12 pack".
  10. Jiminvan

Not a Gibson answer, but go play with the custom body builder on Warmoth and you can view many different colors of burst. I love that site. Fun rabbit hole until you see the cost of what you've imagined.
  11. Jiminvan

I've actually read that a bit of mismatch brings on desirable harmonics...?
  12. Jiminvan

Hot vs cold really depends on plate voltage not just current. My Allen is 420Vdc and I have the 6L6GCs biased around 38mA which is still below the 70% mark for plate dissipation. But I'm getting breakup at the levels I want it so it's good for me.
  13. Jiminvan

This whole topic is making me really happy with how much I like my HSR3 and Hermida Spring
  14. Jiminvan

2020 can kiss my hairy heiny. Hang in there LAMF!
  15. Jiminvan

Midnight Stroll is my go-to. Love the Memphis Horns with him. What a combo!
  16. Jiminvan

I still can't get over how good Robert Cray sounded live with his pair of Matchless amps (Clubman heads). As far as I could tell he was running stereo and almost never had effects on, and I totally LOVE his clean tone, but a couple of times he had something shimmery and stereo going on and it...
  17. Jiminvan

Spent some more time yesterday with the push-push volume pot on my G&L Legacy and man does it sound like a Tele. It's great! Wish I'd done that 20 years ago on my Strat. But for sure it's not going to mean my ASAT's sit unused.
  18. Jiminvan

There is no wrong. I was using my wah at the end of the chain after delay and reverb the other day! :hide2
  19. Jiminvan

Congrat's! Carr's are great amps and I've eyed the Sportsman myself in the past.