Search results

1. IRG

Speaker Cranker or Special Cranker?

Hey there, I traded in my Speaker Cranker (which I believe sold the next day), and got the Special. I think I like the Special more, just because it’s a bit more flexible. I really haven’t been playing enough lately unfortunately. But I like the gain settings I’ve been finding, which is more low...
  2. IRG

Good Dirt Pedals For SS Amps?

I kinda want a FatRat now too for this amp, and I'll move my regular Rat to my Bass amp/rig (which I don't use much, but still fun to have).
  3. IRG

Good Dirt Pedals For SS Amps?

Agreed. I have a Roland Blues Cube Artist which loves pedals, but the Ibanez TS Mini didn’t sound good with the amp. Boostings mids on a amp that already has a nice midrange just isn’t needed. What I really like is my Friedman Small Box. Great low gainer to medium+ gain plexi tones that just...
  4. IRG

PREMIERGuitar Mystery Stocking 2022

I'm totally sober, and laughing much harder than I should be at some of these posts. That's almost worth $40 to me!
  5. IRG

Revv G3 or G4?

Sometimes I'm surprised by various Revv posts, some positive like this one, some less so. I had a G3 for a while, but sold it fairly quickly. Only one main reason, and that is I thought it was fairly noisy, like it really needed a built in noise gate like the Empress Heavy. And ironically I just...
  6. IRG

Bad Monkey - rediscovered!

I had one originally and thought it was ok, then realized taking it in and out of my chain, it had a really poor bypass to it. And off it went.
  7. IRG

Need to add variation to my dirt pedal collection… suggestions?

This should be a great addition. Late to the party, but I was going to mention a Caroline Hawaiian Pizza, which is a cross between a fuzz face and a tonebender, wicked cool pedal, and can be used anywhere in the signal chain unlike some fuzzes. And for the G3 owners, and being a former one, it...
  8. IRG

So what do we do here, most folks get a box of $hip and they post a pic of the crap they got for $40, and we all mock them, and the 1 outta 100 that get something worth over $40, we all give them high 5’s? Can’t wait...
  9. IRG

Show your pedalboard: 2022

Not sure I've posted my board at all in 2022, and here we are almost in 2023. I did something different this time. Since I don't play out, and sadly don't expect to in the future, why limit myself to just one board, or not use all/most of the pedals in my arsenal? So this time, I have two...
  10. IRG

I'm enjoying this thread, never paid attention to the Mystery Box sadness threads before, I've missed out dammit!! Maybe next year I'll even try my hand at it. Or not.
  11. IRG

I'm not even mad (EQD Special Cranker Content)

I like mine a lot, haven’t played with it enough yet, seem to prefer the germanium side, but need more time to tell. I dig the orange too.
  12. IRG

Stoner/Psychedelic guys: Show us your rigs!

Nice setup, but I really dig the guitars here, beautiful trio.
  13. IRG

Fender Performer Strat or the Professional ii strat, $150 difference

The second pic shows about an inch of space, between the lower tone control and the tremolo bar. But on the Performer, I found the bar actually knocked into the knob when pulled out. Really not a great design, not sure why that was. I had the tremolo bar screwed in fairly tight, as I like it (so...
  14. IRG

A few pics (none of them very good)
  15. IRG

Agree on playability, but at this level, these guitars are all quite playable. But one issue I came across on the Performer. The tremolo is a screw in, and sits fairly low. When you pull out the lower tone control, it actually hits the knob when pulled out. Plus you have to grab the knob up to...
  16. IRG

That's a beauty, and my shop has this model here too. The Miami Blue model has been sitting longer for them, hence the discount. I think I'm going to do it, no downside here, money difference ain't much really. And I do prefer the smaller headstock as well, but that's not a playability issue...
  17. IRG

The AP2 has a 2 point tremolo though, the pic above looks like the Performer 6 screw bridge. For the little amount of time I’ve had with the 6 screw, it has some tuning instability to it. Not bad, but it’s not due to the nut or anything else. I’ve had a few other strats, all with 2 screw bridges...
  18. IRG

Well the neck on the Pro II is a smidge fuller than the Performer, but I can adapt. I like the looks of the tinted maple a lot. Do I like the gloss finish of the neck? Dunno, time will tell. Rolled edges on the Pro are very nice. I would assume the Vmod pickups are an upgrade over the Yosemite...
  19. IRG

I have a good relationship with my local Fender guitar shop. I bought a Fender Performer Strat (traded in a Schecter NJ strat), fair deal, and after I left, owner mentioned I could trade up to a Professional ii Strat at $1550 (normally $1699) Miami Blue with a maple neck. Difference is only...
  20. IRG

Very helpful. I might do it, no real downside here, thanks.
  21. IRG

I think so, yes.
  22. IRG

I have a v2 Speaker Cranker, now out of production. It's been a cool pedal, sometimes wish it had a little more versatility. Went in to my local dealer and they have the Special Cranker, but I could trade in my SC for basically the same value. Worth doing that, or hold on to what I have? It's...
  23. IRG

Looking for some help choosing an integrated amp....

What is your budget? Lots of good integrated amps out there, but you'll need to spend the coin for one with quality features you want, long term reliability etc. I think it's generally best to buy the best sounding amp you can afford, and then add things like streaming, DAC's, phono preamps...
  24. IRG

This is the difference between Echo and Reverb.

Excellent video, and I’m sure a lot of work went into it.
Top Bottom