1. gerrickreidenbach

Is any 50k pot usable for permanent bias adjustment?

I have a Silvertone 1484 arriving next week and the mods for this amp presented in GW's book All About Vacuum Tube Guitar Amplifiers caught my eye. He recommends using a cermet pot for the bias adjustment mod but will any pot work?
  2. S

Silvertone 1484 - One speaker setup

I am a Silvertone 1484 owner and I am looking to have an alternative to the 2x12 setup. While it sounds nice and loud with the 2x12's, I am in need of a 1 speaker option that is easier to carry to practice and gigs at smaller venues. Any ideas on size, wattage, etc... ? Also, If using just one...
  3. Adam79

Silvertone 1484 vs 1485

Ever since I played a 1484 at a local store, I can't stop thinking about it. Decent cleans and one of the coolest, spacey and original sounding reverb I've ever heard. Unfortunately the tremolo wasn't working; I've read that it rules as well. The store was packed, so it was hard to really get...
  4. B

Silvertone 1483 Issue

I'm having an issue with a 1483 Silvertone head, which I think may have something to do with the output tubes bias. When a guitar is plugged into either channel, the signal is heard through an attached 8Ω speaker, but with sharp ugly distortion even at low volumes. When one of the tubes is...
Top Bottom