00-15m vs d15m

Discussion in 'Acoustic Instruments' started by Lumiltis, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Lumiltis

Lumiltis Member

You heard me right. These guitars aren't even the same body size, but the rest of the specs are pretty similar. Thing is, i want a 00-15m very badly, since i like everything about this model. Sadly, they don't have any left at my local store, but they do have d15m, which is similar but with a bigger body. I was thinking of trying the d15m and order the 00-15m if i liked the d15m, since they are somewhat similar, altought i expect the d15m to be a little louder. How would this compare ? Otherwise i'll need to wait a few months to try the 00-15m and i literally can't wait.

2. TNO

TNO Member

The 00-15m has loads of character. Not as deep as the D15m but projects better. They're not as similar as you might think.

3. G Man

G Man Member

Hold out for the 00-15, or order one from somewhere with a good return policy who has them in stock.

4. OM Flyer

OM Flyer Member

See if anyone's got a 00015M you can try. It kind of splits the difference, but has more in common with the 00, IMO.

5. Lumiltis

Lumiltis Member

Well i just went to the store and tested the D15M. I instantly fell in love with it ! Such a nice warm tone, i dont regret a little bit !

6. OM Flyer

OM Flyer Member

That happens a lot with that guitar!

7. Lumiltis

Lumiltis Member

i will need to try a 00-15m if i can one day, to see the difference.

8. Dru Edwards

Dru Edwards Member

As you know, the 00 is a small guitar. In addition to a loss of volume from the dread, you'll also notice less bass. These aren't necessarily negatives though because many people prefer that in guitars. A little more intimate perhaps.

What makes you want a 00 size over an 000/OM?