1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

00' Hamer Studio 59' burst in the house !

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by * velcro-fly *, Feb 25, 2006.

1. * velcro-fly *

* velcro-fly * Supporting Member

Been looking at these for awhile now. Played a bunch of them and couldn't quite do it. This one came up and I scored it, and right now I'm grinning big. She showed up in need of a fresh set of strings but was otherwise in near perfect condition. No Hameritis - no dings, no nothing. Sounds and plays awesome. This guitar, a cord, and the Aiken Intruder are a killer match.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The pictures don't do this guitar justice. I think this is a superb instrument - maybe the best bang for the buck on the used market out there, just insane really. I was at GC this afternoon, played nearly a dozen or so LP's - the only one that came close to this was a R9 with a crappy top for over $4000 (but man, did it sound killer...)

Anyway, I highly recomend these guitars It gets three :dude :dude :dude 's

Steve E

2. paintguy

paintguy Long Hair Hippy Freak Silver Supporting Member

Always good to hear a happy story. Congrats on the guitar!!! It looks real nice.:AOK

Enjoy:D :BEER :RoCkIn (x3)

3. discountsounds

discountsounds Member

Well done! I basically have the same guitar, except when they built mine in 1995 it was called the Archtop Sunburst and it has a Wilkinson wraparound bridge rather than a T-O-M (wow... I can't believe it's been 10 years). It screams and I have never wanted for another humbucking equipped guitar. OK, I admit I'm jonesin' to add a Monaco Superpro to the collection since it's a bound & crowned chambered singlecut. Blows my mind how folks will drop $4K on a Les Paul, but hey that just means more reasonably priced Hamers to satisfy my GAS.

ROCK ON!

4. * velcro-fly *

Man, I went and wailed for a few minutes after posting this - it's amazing how resonant this guitar is, it just rings and sings. Acousticaly it sounds fantastic, I knew it would be killer plugged in.

I was also turned on to a copy of the Hamer DVD - looks like a couple of beers, the new Studio and some quaility guitar building footage for the rest of the night :D

Steve E

5. discountsounds

discountsounds Member

I must hang my head in shame as a Hamer devotee for I've yet to see the DVD! Too bad I'm not in Portland, I'd bring over my Sunburst and a 6 pack.

Hmmmm... that sounded kinda queer. "I wish I could quit you, Hamer!"

P.S. - If you're not already on it, check out the Hamer Fan Club board.

6. keith_t4e

keith_t4e Member

Love the Hamer dude. There is a blue Mirage II here at a local shop. How is the Aiken? It looks great. nice clean looking amp

7. * velcro-fly *

The Aiken Intruder is just killer...been through a stoopid number of amps in the last two years, this is whats left standing. The cab it's sitting on is a Swanson 2x12. The head is a mini box size, the cab is mini as well....

The Aiken LOVES the Hamer :dude Awesome setup. I like this guitar more everytime I pick it up.

Steve E

8. OldSchool

OldSchool Senior Member

What kind of music are you playing with her?

9. * velcro-fly *

Anything and everything except ****ry :D

Steve E

10. tiptone

tiptone Member

Tasty Hamer.

Is your Swanson 2x12 open or closed back?

11. * velcro-fly *

Cab is closed at the moment, loaded with Weber alnico Blue Dog & Silver Bell. The cab is a mini 2x12, I actually use it more with my Hayseed. I've pulled the back off and it sounds 100% better with the alnicos. Loaded the way it is - it sounds better with the Hayseed than the Aiken, but my Aiken runs mainly through a Bogner OS 2x12 with Greenbacks.

Again - the Aiken loves the Hamer :dude

Steve E

12. gkelm

gkelm Supporting Member

Way to go, brother. :)

13. Skullkrusher

Skullkrusher Guest

NICE!!

I've got my eye on a studio at the moment as well.

14. Powderfinger

Powderfinger Gold Supporting Member