1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

00' Hamer Studio 59' burst in the house !

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by * velcro-fly *, Feb 25, 2006.

1. * velcro-fly *

* velcro-fly * Supporting Member

Been looking at these for awhile now. Played a bunch of them and couldn't quite do it. This one came up and I scored it, and right now I'm grinning big. She showed up in need of a fresh set of strings but was otherwise in near perfect condition. No Hameritis - no dings, no nothing. Sounds and plays awesome. This guitar, a cord, and the Aiken Intruder are a killer match.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The pictures don't do this guitar justice. I think this is a superb instrument - maybe the best bang for the buck on the used market out there, just insane really. I was at GC this afternoon, played nearly a dozen or so LP's - the only one that came close to this was a R9 with a crappy top for over $4000 (but man, did it sound killer...)

Anyway, I highly recomend these guitars It gets three :dude :dude :dude 's

Steve E

2. paintguy

paintguy Long Hair Hippy Freak Silver Supporting Member

Always good to hear a happy story. Congrats on the guitar!!! It looks real nice.:AOK

Enjoy:D :BEER :RoCkIn (x3)

3. discountsounds

discountsounds Member

Well done! I basically have the same guitar, except when they built mine in 1995 it was called the Archtop Sunburst and it has a Wilkinson wraparound bridge rather than a T-O-M (wow... I can't believe it's been 10 years). It screams and I have never wanted for another humbucking equipped guitar. OK, I admit I'm jonesin' to add a Monaco Superpro to the collection since it's a bound & crowned chambered singlecut. Blows my mind how folks will drop $4K on a Les Paul, but hey that just means more reasonably priced Hamers to satisfy my GAS.

ROCK ON!

4. * velcro-fly *

Man, I went and wailed for a few minutes after posting this - it's amazing how resonant this guitar is, it just rings and sings. Acousticaly it sounds fantastic, I knew it would be killer plugged in.

I was also turned on to a copy of the Hamer DVD - looks like a couple of beers, the new Studio and some quaility guitar building footage for the rest of the night :D

Steve E

5. discountsounds

discountsounds Member

I must hang my head in shame as a Hamer devotee for I've yet to see the DVD! Too bad I'm not in Portland, I'd bring over my Sunburst and a 6 pack.

Hmmmm... that sounded kinda queer. "I wish I could quit you, Hamer!"

P.S. - If you're not already on it, check out the Hamer Fan Club board.

6. keith_t4e

keith_t4e Member

Love the Hamer dude. There is a blue Mirage II here at a local shop. How is the Aiken? It looks great. nice clean looking amp

7. * velcro-fly *

The Aiken Intruder is just killer...been through a stoopid number of amps in the last two years, this is whats left standing. The cab it's sitting on is a Swanson 2x12. The head is a mini box size, the cab is mini as well....

The Aiken LOVES the Hamer :dude Awesome setup. I like this guitar more everytime I pick it up.

Steve E

8. OldSchool

OldSchool Senior Member

What kind of music are you playing with her?

9. * velcro-fly *

Anything and everything except ****ry :D

Steve E

10. tiptone

tiptone Silver Supporting Member

Tasty Hamer.

Is your Swanson 2x12 open or closed back?

11. * velcro-fly *

Cab is closed at the moment, loaded with Weber alnico Blue Dog & Silver Bell. The cab is a mini 2x12, I actually use it more with my Hayseed. I've pulled the back off and it sounds 100% better with the alnicos. Loaded the way it is - it sounds better with the Hayseed than the Aiken, but my Aiken runs mainly through a Bogner OS 2x12 with Greenbacks.

Again - the Aiken loves the Hamer :dude

Steve E

12. gkelm

gkelm Supporting Member

Way to go, brother. :)

13. Skullkrusher

Skullkrusher Guest

NICE!!

I've got my eye on a studio at the moment as well.

14. Powderfinger

Powderfinger Gold Supporting Member