'02 Gene BAKER Black Limba BJ Custom - 1 of 2 - Not PBG, Not B3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Williams

Platinum Supporting Member
SOLD Pending payment receipt. This gorgeous BJ Custom was built by Gene Baker in April of 2002 before the first Baker Guitars went out of business. Gene described this build as a "custom custom" guitar as only two were made for one customer with the customer-supplied, beautiful Black Limba. You can see details on the spec sheet that Gene sent me (it's set up with 10's now rather than the original 11's) in the photo below. The finish looks a little brighter in the photos due to camera flash. Thick top-quality rosewood board. 24.625 scale. Absolutely top-quality craftsmanship in every detail. Substantial but very comfortable .890 to .980 neck profile (Baker's "Phat 59"). Feiten tuning system. It now has the absolutely magnificent REILANDER P90's to replace the original Harmonic Design V+ Classic P90's (I'll include the original pickups, but I can't imagine anyone using any other P90 after he's heard the Reilanders!!!) I have the bridge P90 set low intentionally, but it can, of course be raised if desired. (P90's are hum-cancelling in the middle position.) Grover Roto tuners and top quality parts throughout. It sounds fantastic and is very lightweight, probably under 7 lbs. There are a couple of small, unphotographable indentations and tiny scratches in the finish--mostly around the pickup selector switch--and one pencil tip-sized indentation in that same area. It is in extremely good condition and has been recently set up by a professional. The case is a very nice, form-fit plush-lined G&G that's also in very good condition. I even have the original hang-tag, polishing cloth, sticker and Baker pic to send with it! By the way, Gene, who is now the head of the shop at PGB, producing B3 and other fine guitars, is more than willing to talk about the guitar and give what history, tips, etc you might like.
Just $1500 shipped and paypal'd in the CONUS. It's very unlikely that I'd consider any trades as I'm only selling this guitar because of finances and because I think it's one of the most attractive pieces I have. Get to me at drpdryhnsm@aol.com or PM with questions, requests, etc.

Last edited:

JoeB63

Silver Supporting Member
Nice axe, nice price, but you're 10 years off. It's 2002, not 1992.

Status
Not open for further replies.