1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

1-12" Cab for My Fuchs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Tapp, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Tapp

Tapp Member

I've got an old EV SRO longing for a 1-12 cab to mate with my Fuchs "Traynor" modded ODS. Any suggestions??

Tapp

2. Scrutinizer

Scrutinizer Member

I also have a Fuchs mod Traynor and EV SRO. I use a Jenkins Sound Shop JSS112 cab, with the small back panel removed (1/4 open back). Sounds great! :AOK

3. Troubleman

Troubleman Silver Supporting Member

Thinking about it, I've an ancient Electrovoice SRO sitting in my basement doing nuthin', and I just got a Fuchs Blackjack 21 last week. Hmmmm....
    Tonal ideas = $mo' money spent$ = sleepin' on the couch. Yet and still....:)

peace,

jb

4. Boomer

Boomer Member

I have a Jenkins Highway 61, black with flame maple top panel and cane grill, loaded with a (Brit) Celestion G12H-30 I might sell but it's such a pain in the ass to pack and I'm pretty lazy. Also a Jenkins 1x15 with a Weber California.

Troubleman, I don't think the SRO will be a good match for the BJ21 like it is for an ODS. Let us know how it sounds.

5. Tom Gross

Tom Gross Supporting Member

I have my EV12 in a big Fuchs 1x12 cab.

6. Troubleman

Troubleman Silver Supporting Member

The only 1x12 cab I have is a Mesa Theile-ported job. I'm going to A/B compare the existing 200 watt Electrovoice, the SRO (forgot I had it really) a Weber Bluedog (ditto - was gonna put that in my '65 DRRI), and (as soon as it arrives) a Tonespotter. I'm still searching for the ideal cab & speaker match to the Blackjack21. So far I've used it on two gigs with an Avatar 2x12H - loaded with Celestion V30 and G12H30's. At medium volume on the amp, the Avatar cab sounds decent with my bevy of guitars. Okay, I'm a guitar-slut: there's no good reason to take 4 guitars on a gig, but I usually do, typically using three during the course of the evening. With a Harmonic Design Vintage+ - loaded mutt Strat, an Oxblood Les Paul, and a korina Gibson Explorer, the Blackjack21 - Avatar G2x12H mix sounds decent. Just not sure if I've hit optimal tone yet. Still considering a Marshall 1965 4x10 cab... That said, I am entirely open to suggestions...

peace,

jb

7. HeeHaw

HeeHaw Member

Right now I'm running an Avatar 1x12 with a Scumbag HP56 in it with very good results. It's alot easier to tote around to gigs and mics up very well.

8. hendrix2430

hendrix2430 Member

mongtone cab with an emi wizard:

[​IMG]

9. The Rocket

The Rocket Member

I have an EarCandy Sovereign 1x12 cab and it is the bigger sounding 1x12 I've heard. I guess it would be great with your EV SRO speaker.
    I'm planning to mount an EVM12L in mine too (sooner or later).

10. danel59

danel59 Member

I asked Andy Fuchs about speakers for the BlackJack 21 as I am using an EVM 12L in an open back cab now with my ODS30SLX. I had thought of using a head switcher and switch between the two but I didn't feel the EVM-12L would be the greatest match for the BJ21 however it is great with the ODS. Andy suggested a few speakers but he did mention the Red, White and Blues which is a good match for the ODS as well apparently. Not the answer you were looking for but it is something else to consider.

Dan

11. Tom Gross

Tom Gross Supporting Member

In addition to my Fuchs cab I have an Avatar 1x12 with a Wizard in it, also as a grab 'n go solution. Sounds great.

12. mmorse

mmorse Member

Scumbag HP56?