1. During the first week of August 2020, we'll be upgrading the software TGP runs on to the currently available up-to-date version. The software version is a significant upgrade, so there will be some downtime as we do the work under the hood. We've got a team of professionals, including the software development company assisting the process. We've conducted substantial tests using backups of the current forum to ensure a smooth and successful upgrade. We've gone to great lengths on the design of the theme (aka 'skin' or look and feel) of the forum to offer a better user experience for members and visitors. The default theme will be new, yet clearly influenced by the classic TGP look. We will have a dark version of that also easily selectable. Also available will be a "Classic TGP" theme that closely matches the current theme you are accustomed to using with the current software. There is also an easy width adjustment to make it set width or expand to your window width for each theme. As we get closer, I'll update everyone so hopefully, no one will be caught by surprise.
    Dismiss Notice

1/2 rack parametric EQ?

Discussion in 'The Rack Space' started by iam_krash, Apr 20, 2020.

1. iam_krash

iam_krash Supporting Member

Looking for a Boss PQ-50 or equivalent parametric EQ. Was thinking about using the parametric in the SE-70, no low/high pass and I prefer analog.
    Looking for something with high/low pass filtering.
    Thoughts? Experiences? Recommendations?

2. claxor

claxor Member

I still haven't heard from you regarding the Floyd. How do we move forward?

3. Maltese Fan

Maltese Fan Member

The PQ-50 is killer, too bad they are so hard to find. Good luck in your search.

4. Zintolo

Zintolo Member

Hi,

I use Presonus EQ3B and it (actually they) work very well.

Marshall_SLX and iam_krash like this.
  5. iam_krash

I'm looking at that one. How does it sound/work? How does that high pass work? fixed at 120hz?

6. uraniumwilly

uraniumwilly Member

TC Electronic 1140. Still cheap and respected by pros. Although not half rack.

iam_krash likes this.
  7. Marshall_SLX

Marshall_SLX Member

Its an 80z high pass filter... i use an eq3b... its great, low noise floor, powerful eq sweeps, transparent, easy to use... and its actually a 1/3 rack width 1ru height... i also have a dbx 242 project 1 which does have a few more options being a 4 band unit... the eq3b holds its own and sounds every bit as good.

iam_krash likes this.
  8. iam_krash

can never find one that isn't beat to death or grossly overpriced.

9. iam_krash

any issues with input impedance
    Any issue with going direct in with a guitar? The input impedance is around 10k, do you need to use a buffer beforehand in order to maintain signal integrity? With my TC1128 eq's, they have a 20k input impedance and unless I run a buffer before it, it's very dull and muted.

10. JackD

JackD Gold Supporting Member

Does it have to be 1/2 rack? Or will 1 space work? I have an Audioarts Parametric EQ (I think it is Model 4100) I'd sell for a good price :)

iam_krash likes this.
  11. iam_krash

It really doesn't NEED to be half rack, I was thinking about space for a small rack I'm building! PM'd you!

12. iam_krash

My sister and brother in law both work for U of M in Ann Arbor...you're not that far from them. Rochester was the headquarters for Rocktron forever. Think it still maybe.

JackD likes this.
  13. JackD

JackD Gold Supporting Member

That is right!! I went to U of M for Graduate School (MBA) and live in Rochester now :)

14. amphog

amphog Member

Rane has that series of half space stuff, I have one, but I have never used it.

15. Zintolo

Zintolo Member

Sorry for the late reply. EQ3B has a switchable 80 Hz high pass, then three band pass with controllable amplitude, frequency and Q. Very low noise and great control and... has sense to say "musicality"?

iam_krash likes this.