• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

1/8” strapjack…

CliffordReid

I used to own a guitar with an end pin that had a 1/8” input instead of a standard 1/4”… Saves the drilling.

can’t find it though. Anybody know of one??

walterw

Platinum Supporting Member
gotta say though, not a big fan

yes it technically works, but delicate little specialty cables are not a recipe for reliability on the gig. besides, for my money any guitar that's so valuable and in such perfect original shape that even widening the endpin a little for a normal jack hurts the value (i.e., probably not anything made after like 1960) is probably also so valuable that you don't want to put a pickup in it or take it to a gig in the first place

i say put the regular 1/2" endpin jack in there and get over it :) you'll open up a whole world of good acoustic pickups to try out, most of which require no other significant alteration of the guitar

my own '49 gibson J50 has had a half-dozen different pickup systems in it over the years, all requiring nothing more permanent than that widened endpin jack.

TwoHandsTenThumbs

Silver Supporting Member
yes it technically works, but delicate little specialty cables are not a recipe for reliability on the gig.
100% my take, as well. It’s bad enough having a dual source set-up requiring 1/4” TRS (in my case, K&K and Sunrise), but if the TRS fails, I can still use a stadard TS in a pinch to access the K&K. If a 1/8” cable goes bad or missing, one isn’t likely to as easily find one to borrow on the fly.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom