1 bucker + 1 single wiring question

daveg777

Platinum Supporting Member
I need help! How do I correctly wire 1 humbucker with 1 single coil 1 volume knob and a 3-way toggle? Where does the tone cap go?

Dave

martyncrew

Why are you wiring in the 3 way switch? With one pickup it won't do anything unless you use it for a coiltap or phase. IMO, the simplest way is to wire the hot wire from the pickup to the middle lug on the volume pot then solder the cap between the middle lugs on the volume and tone pots. Solder the ground to the back of the volume pot and you should be in business. If that doesn't work, I suggest you find a local tech.

Here are some easy to follow diagrams borrowed from http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/tonefreaks/558-wiring-library.html

sahhas

Silver Supporting Member
check the seymour duncan website, he lists most pu combos and wiring diagrams...

walterw

I need help! How do I correctly wire 1 humbucker with 1 single coil 1 volume knob and a 3-way toggle? Where does the tone cap go?
??

with no tone knob, it doesn't go anywhere.

each pickup hot goes to one side of the switch, the output of the switch goes to the volume pot clockwise lug, and the center lug of the volume pot goes to the jack.

daveg777

Thanks Walter, I do have it wired now it just sounds so incredibly loud without a tone cap, not used to the extra volume of no tone pot and cap. The volume pot is a 500K so maybe use a 250K instead?

Dave

walterw

the pots won't really change the volume unless they're turned down. they just affect the brightness.

Trending Topics