• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

1 channel amp

Mr.Dan

Hey gear community,

I'm planing a gear change. Maybe you can share your thoughts with me :) Currently I'm selling my CAA Classic plus, to go down to a single channel amp with less Watts. Don't need to have an fx loop either. I haven't used the one on the CAA for a long time. The last years I always used the 2nd channel of the CAA and went from crunch to clean with the volume pot on the guitar. Old school in a way I guess.

I'm not a fan of totally clean amp, the amp has to break up and with that foundation I can push it with pedals like my Tejas Boost or the Riot, whatever. Kind of what David Grissom does, to me that guy has the perfect control over his amp. Master on 10, let the tubes cook and play with it. I think that 20-30 Watts should be plenty enough.

I hear good things about the Badger 18 of example.

I would prefer a head and 1x12 cab due to portability and flexibility reasons. I have a 2x12 Suhr cab as well that I would use for bigger open stages.

Maybe you can share your thoughts with me.

Thank you

sleewell

I only use one channel and no fx loop.

I set my main sound crunchy and use a keeley ts9dx (no gain & volume maxed) to boost when needed and then just use the volume knob on my guitar for cleans. really simple setup, sounds great and I can get all the sounds I need. over the years I have learned the hard way that for me at least, simple sounds better and just lets me focus on playing guitar.

Last edited:

Mr.Dan

Thanks for chiming in. Yeah that's what I've experienced as well. What amps are you playing? Head or combo?

Pedals I am using on my board are the XTS Tejas Boost, Trombetta Fuzz, Chorus and Delay. I want to keep it that way. You can get
so many channels just with the volume pot....it's so cool. Few years back I had such a big board it confused me. In the end I was just using the amp, without all those kind of boosts and overdrives I had on my board. It just isn't for me.

Thanks again sleewell.

begforwatts

Check out the Avatar 18 watter, it totally rocks. It has 2 separate channels (vol/tone and TMB) but I just jumper them into a single combined input.

BADHAK

Buy an amp for its tone and feel. .....if its a MV amp then dont let wattage be a determining factor.

Trending Topics