1 channel-gorgeous rich cleans . . . . . .

dankayaker

I'm looking for a single channel amp with stunning cleans (not steril but . .fat,warm,blooming). I play alot of lead guitar with clean/semi-clean tones so the amp needs to have the feel of the power section working therefore can't be high wattage. If the cleans merge into semi-clean seamlessly that's a huge plus. Fat, warm . .blooming responsive . .how's that for a string of descriptors.
The only thing it must have is a good fx loop.
I've owned a ton of amps and my ERT33 does this nicely . . .I need this in a smaller format . . .combo or small head.

Edit: $1500 limit.
Open to ideas . . . clips help,

thanks

SgtThump

Why do you need an effects loop if you play the amp clean/semi-clean? I've found that delay and stuff sounds fine in front for clean/semi-clean. Well, maybe not so much for semi-clean, but definitely for clean. I guess I answered my own question. :) Nevermind.

beej

Supporting Member
The Badger will do that at all volumes, and it's small with a great loop. Cleans are Mashall-ish with a Vox flavour, not Fendery.

Guytron GT100's clean channel has it in spades- *huge* 3D cleans. But it's a large, heavy head.

dankayaker

Why do you need an effects loop if you play the amp clean/semi-clean? I've found that delay and stuff sounds fine in front for clean/semi-clean. Well, maybe not so much for semi-clean, but definitely for clean. I guess I answered my own question. :) Nevermind.
Nope . .actually that's a valid comment, I was not thinking . . . .I ammend my thread . . . . . .. . . .. loop is a plus, but not a must.

Zuper

Supporting Member
I would have to vote for the Badger, as well. Very versatile low-wattage head!

TNJ

Gold Supporting Member
Alessandro English.
Matchless HC30.

Open back 212 cab with 2 Blues, or 1 Blue and 1 12H30.

You're done.

S.
j

greeny

The Twin's I've tried were just way too loud and heavy. Plus, they didn't have the feel I'm after. I need the amp to give a little.
Hence the 57 Deluxe Handwired RI. :)

Trending Topics