1 Guitar. 1 Amp. 1 Pedal. . . .. You Tell Me Which One

Jimmy 3

I've seen some postings about peoples input on what they'd pick. How about what would you select to obtain all of these tones @ comfortable home volumes please:

Obviously I can see a tele in the last video . . . maybe a Princeton (not sure if it's being used) . . . 10" or 12" speaker

Thanks,
Jimmy

Mikeroesoft

Silver Supporting Member
Telecaster, Lovepedal Tchula into Lazy J J20 w/reverb and Trem. (If you want the wah sound, drop the Tchula for a wah pedal). The important thing here is to crank the amp and use the volume knob and Tchula to get your dirt sounds.

I just made some changes to a ‘64 Gibson GA17RVT that will do what is going on in the first clip with only the addition of a wha wha pedal..IF you have a guitar with enough pickup to push it. A Fender single coil won’t get there without another p3dal, ime.
And...the Gibson does that reverb thing in the second clip. and...it will simulate what goes on in the third clip, as well.

This particular GA17RVT has a hot preamp thing after what was changed.

Last edited:

Jab_Guitar

A Strat or Tele (or some other low output pickups) could get those tones pretty easily through most Fender amps with some type of drive pedal. A TS or OCD would do the trick on lower gain settings.

You could also go for a Mesa Fillmore:

On my Mesa TC amp with 6V6 tubes it easily nails all these tones:

You may not even need a pedal with the right amp.

sleewell

i bet i could cop those tones on my home setup.

tele
helix lt
fender blues deluxe reiusse > whitebox 2x12

aynirar27

All that, and a bag of chips
Platinum Supporting Member
SG standard, EP boost and an 18watter I built. It may not be the best amp I own but if I can only have one, it might as well be one I can fix

Daytona57

Road Worn 60s Strat, CS Fat 50s loaded pickguard.

Barbershop V2, overdrive.

Fender Pro Jr IV Tweed and 1x12 cab with a Cannabis Rex.

YMMV

Dale

I am not sure I could. I might try either

SG/Tele, Mark V/Rockerverb MkIII and a couple of 2x12 cabs. 1 V30s and one EVs or Swamp Thang-Texas Heat.

Guitar Dave T

Charley Starr w BlackBerry Smoke is known for cranking 50 watt JMP's with a LP Jr. Add a wah and you've got the first clip.

'Course not at bedroom volumes.

Top Bottom