1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

1 Spot reverse polarity adapter issue

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by kwaping, May 17, 2011.

1. kwaping

kwaping Guitar payer Silver Supporting Member

Okay, I'm probably asking a stupid noob question, but here goes...

I have a few regular-polarity pedals and one reverse-polarity one. I just got the 5-point power cable for my 1 Spot power source. It works great when I only use it for the regular-polarity pedals, but once I put the reverse-polarity adapter on they all stop working. After a few seconds of silence, a thumping is heard through the amp.

If it makes any difference, I put the reverse-polarity adapter on the first pedal in the power line.

What, if anything, did I do wrong?

2. Fred Farkus

Fred Farkus Member

You need a separate one-spot for the reverse polarity stuff. Cannot mix/match polarities on the same daisy chain.

3. kwaping

kwaping Guitar payer Silver Supporting Member

Thanks Fred! I still have the standalone power source for that pedal, so I'll just keep using that. The adapter was $3, so it'll probably be more expensive to mail back. :/ Live and learn.