1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

10 watt mod to a VJ chassis

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by mooreamps, Jan 5, 2008.

1. mooreamps

mooreamps Senior Member

Here is a 10 watt I am now just wrapping with. The treble channel is driven by 2 12ax7's into an EL-84 ; and the bass channel is driven by an RCA Red Lable 6SL7 driving a 6V6. Standard high voltage power supply with electronic power scaling with my new double-bridge twin regulated filament power supply. Both tone stacks are cathode driven using fixed bias cathode followers with integrated gain control.

http://vj.minuteboard.com/images/000/002/445

-g

2. phsyconoodler

phsyconoodler Member

Lets see something inside rather than the outside of a VJ with some extra holes in it.

3. JJGross

JJGross Member

:roll
    Yeah, nice hood scoop.
    What's it look like under the hood?

4. teleamp

teleamp Senior Member

The pic looks cool, got any clips? But if I was going to do that much work on an amp, I would use a blank chassis and start from scratch. The VJ chassis is not very sturdy, I have modded about 20 of them, and have had to do "body work" on a few because of the power transformers trying to be ripped out during shipping.

MikeY

5. mooreamps

mooreamps Senior Member