10 years of waiting for my first amp.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by madneogeo, Jan 31, 2008.

1. madneogeo

madneogeo Member

But on tuesday i bought my very first amp that i can say is mine and only mine. A Marshall 1959hw. I've been reading thread after thread about how these amps work and how some have taking a (you know). but at 1500 dollars new from Guitar Center (in a box). can't beat that. heres to hoping.
    Just thought i would share. going into a Dr.z "z" best 2x12 cab.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

first post. :jo ha

2. voojo

voojo Gold Supporting Member

Great amp! Looks awesome. Welcome to the gear page! I only see one problem, for max performance your volume controls should be on 10!!

Cheers!

3. Purplexi

Purplexi Member

$1500? That's a great price for an HW. Someone could quote that at another GC to get a similar deal. Which store?
    BTW congradulations!

4. madneogeo

madneogeo Member

They are selling them on clearance for january. so i think today might be the last day. and they have to be in store, the gc guy told me. i got mine from canton michigan. if they were to order one from marshall it would be $2800.

heres a pic of the new rig.

[​IMG]

5. Free

Free Member

From the looks of that first top picture, you're not turning that amp while not connected into a cab are you??? Great way to fry your brand new amp. I think I see a speaker cable in there, but wanted to be sure. That is indeed a really great deal and a really great amp - hand wired Marshall - very cool.

6. madneogeo

madneogeo Member

:AOK

Yeah i know it looked like that, but i wanted to get the red light on for those pictures. i connected it right after that. and i never took it off standby

7. voodoosound

voodoosound Funk & Grooven member Silver Supporting Member

Should be all stores. I bought one in Oxnard CA and one in Sherman oaks CA. My contact at GC tells me it was only good for this month. I didn't know about it until I bought one at 1700 and then the guy called me back 5 days ago and said he had another for 1500. Found out they had been on sale all month for that price and got 200 bucks back and put it toward the 1960BHW cab that I got for 750 out the door. It was still in the box also just like the heads. Good score for sure. Reminds me of 2 years ago when I bought a Brand new Budda SD80 from the SAM ASH website for $999.

8. madneogeo

madneogeo Member

Just posting to say thanks for all the feedback. i love the way this sounds, it is super loud but its amazing. we had band practice on thursday night and lets just say the band mates need to upgrade their gear now. I hope some other people out there get ahold of this deal. Now i just need a distortion pedal of the same caliber. thanks again guys for all the love. im so glad i waited