100% Allparts Tele/Nocaster

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by auraelux, Oct 9, 2008.

1. auraelux

auraelux Member

I've recently decided that I want to build my first Fender style guitar. There are a lot of parts dealers out there like Warmoth and a few others, but honestly, I've been very drawn to the options and prices that Allparts.com offers.

My goal is to build a Tele style guitar that really matches the classic '52 Butterscotch tele vibe, but with the amazing neck you find on the '51 Nocaster. I'm also looking for the guitar to have a "darker" tele sound.

Anyways, my question is; has anyone on here built an entire guitar soley from parts purchased at Allparts.com? If you have, tell me about it, and post pics if you want to. If anyone has any advice on how to better approach my project, let me know as well. I'm just really surprised that after putting most of the parts that I needed in my cart, I was under $1,000 for some time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. shuie

shuie Member

Check the emporium or ebay and buy one that someone has already put together. Its easy to spend $1k+ on something like this and then not be able to sell it for $500.

3. skyblue

skyblue Member

4. HHB

HHB Member

I've got a parts nocaster w/ the Allparts FAT neck, it's amazing!

5. auraelux

auraelux Member

6. mikef1331

mikef1331 Member

I'm very satisfied w/ the way this E style guitar came together that I built using an Allparts swamp ash body & TMNF-FAT neck. The solid white vintage style 5 hole pickguard was also from Allparts.

[​IMG]

7. joeburke

joeburke Member

Mike - That Esquire is completely badass!!!

8. mikef1331

mikef1331 Member

Thanks!:)

9. Rick51

Rick51 Member

I built a partscaster with a USACG web special body and an Allparts TMNF-V neck. Compatibility was excellent as was the workmanship of both the neck and body. used Fender OV pickups, Gotoh RI Kluson tuners, Fender ashtray w/ used Glendale saddles. Turned out nice.