11 rack foot switch.

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by oldmanrockin, May 27, 2015.

1. oldmanrockin

oldmanrockin Member

What do you guys use for a 2 button type controller to turn off and on effects like echo, distortion on the 11rack? Looking for something easy and cheap. Have a midi controller that i use to change programs, but would like to use a different pedal for the effects. Thanks

2. jaime136

jaime136 Supporting Member

All of those parameters are controlled by Continuous Control (CC) messages. Any relatively modern switch should be able to send them (there's a list of the appropriate CC#s in the appendix). What board are you using now? On boards with two rows of switches, most guys will set the bottom row up for program changes (PC) and the upper row to control the on/off for particular effects or whatever else you can control with the CCs. I know the Behringer FCB1010 with the "uno" chip will do this. The VooDoo Labs Ground Control will, as well. The Ground Control is the "official" controller for the 11R and is real easy to setup out of the box. Regardless, as long as whatever controller can send out CC messages, you should be golden.

I used the Behringer for a while with the chip and it worked perfectly. It's a quality item, don't be scared off by the Behringer name. I've moved to a TC Electronic G-System that will send PC and CC messages. Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with a particular "auxillary" switch that I could recomend.

3. sixesandsevens

sixesandsevens Member

I have a three button digitech one - the FS3X. Works like a charm. A, B, and A+B.

4. poorbutclassy

poorbutclassy Member

You should try the Boss FS-6 and a TRS cable into the "footswitch" jack on the back of the 11R.

5. RGB

RGB Supporting Member

6. mojah

mojah Member

I use an old vamp foot switch for tap tempo and tuner. I switch presets via midi.

7. oldmanrockin

oldmanrockin Member

Thanks, i have RFX Midibuddy that i use for program changes. I have a Marshall 2 button TRS footswitch that i can try for the effects off/on.