1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

11 rack questions

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by Dillow4092, May 22, 2011.

1. Dillow4092

Dillow4092 Member

So I'm thinking about getting one, but have some questions for members actually using it. Here goes, thanks.

1. I'm going to use it with a Budda SD18. Will the amp emulation of the unit "clash" with my amps natural tone?

2. If I decide to just use the unit, do I need something like this?
    11 rack - power amp - external speaker cabinet

3. Is is worth it to just use it as an effects processor?

Any tips/info would be greatly appreciated as well.

2. magicaxeman

magicaxeman Member

1 - I would see little point in running a model of an amp I actually own and can use.

2 - yes, but factor in a midi controller pedal and another cab for stereo

3 - The effects are good, but no, it would be a hell of an expensive multi effects unit and the modelling is where it really shines

3. jvstrat

jvstrat Member

The 11r is a great unit by itself but you might also get good sounds running it to the power amp of your amplifier and turning off cab modeling.

4. Axe-Man

Axe-Man Member

It won't 'clash' if your Budda's poweramp/FX loop is nice and clean. If not, it will colour the 11R's sound...but this might not be a negative. If your loop though sounds like mud...

You can run 11R>K10 or 11R>FOH or 11R>budda or 11R>Poweramp>guitar cab.

This just personal preference and if your Budda works perfectly well, just use it this way. Think of it as a HD500+DT50 type unit. 11R+Budda instead with a cheap SH midi controller on the ground. It's extremely similar in it's application though you will need a 2RU rack sitting on or under the Budda.

It's wouldn't IMHO be worth getting it 'just' as an FX unit as whilst the FX are very solid, it's expensive compared to a G Major 2 etc.

When you incorporate all the elements and look at what it can do, the 11R is a fantastic piece of kit. It's done things I never would have expected of it and this has cemented its place in my rack.