11-Rack Tunes....By X-Mann (& Friends)

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by X-Mann, May 15, 2011.

1. X-Mann

X-Mann Member

Hey Guys........

Here's a tune called "322" that I created w/ the 11-Rack & Pro-Tool LE.........

I had a friend (Mike) play the bass & he also created the 7-String progression at the end of the track.......The end solo is from another member of the 11R forum (The DUC) named Jim......There is very detailed Rig info over there if ya need it or care.....Lol

http://soundcloud.com/udamann88/322-1

It was all done for fun, friendship & to keep learning how to record music thru PT........I'm just an amateur who loves the guitar.......

Enjoy

Here is the one I just finished & it's titled "5-Days Gone".......& again....ALL Eleven Rack, Pro-Tools & the included loops disk......

http://soundcloud.com/udamann88/5-days-gone

I will warn you though......This one got out of hand......It's about 7-minutes long so please don't waste your time (you will NEVER get this time back).......Lol

This is kind of a song w/ an outro & an added little tune at the very, very end........I did the all the backing guitars & bass on this as well as all the beginning melodies/leads.......My Friend VSA comes in at the end w/ a very Ty Tabor type of a solo.......Then it's pretty much a gang bang w/ 3-different guys from the DUC (Adam, ZED & Ron).......The very, very end is a lick that I wrote that I just couldn't let go to waste & my boy Mike F did a crazy cool solo from outer space over it.......

Peace! X-Mann

Last edited: May 27, 2011
  2. guitarnet70

guitarnet70 Member

Kudos for the playing and the tones, not my kind of stuff but I can recognize good playing when I hear it and the LOT of work that was beyond it.

3. p.snail

p.snail Member

I have been plotting a new direct rig for church and home recording. I know the Axe is supposed to be the reigning champ of modeling, but from all the clips I've heard lately, the 11 is DAMN good. This clip isn't my thing musically, but the playing is great and the tones outstanding.

I know prices are going down on the Axe now that the II is out, but I gotta tell you. The 11 is still on my radar. I may have to skip the fractal thing all together and go this route when the time comes. Really good job.

4. X-Mann

X-Mann Member

Hey Guys.......I'm glad that you like the tones.......

I just have to say that the power of the 11-Rack for me is the ease of use & for recording these types of tones so fast.......For the 1st time guitarist that wants to get started in recording songs, ideas & Riffs this thing is the bomb......

I'm making more progress as a musician now that I'm recording myself, playing the bass & working w/ other musicians........

& I don't know what style this is either.......I just start w/ an idea & well......this stuff comes out.........For good or for bad.....It's just so much FUN & I love it.....Lol

I'm working on my 1st vocal song right now & I'm still learning a lot.......

If you already have all ur recording gear set then that's a different story..........

Thanks again.......

Peace! X-Mann

5. adamquek

adamquek Member

Wow! Who's that Adam guy on 5-days gone? He's AWESOME! :p

6. adamquek

adamquek Member

I'm loving my 11R, to be sure. The other day I was looking through all the snippets I'd recorded and suddenly realized I've owned the 11R for over a year. In that year, not ONCE was I seized by serious GAS. There was the odd day where I'd think about the Axe-FX... read up more.. check out some clips.. but then I would plug into the 11R and forget about being unfaithful :bonk

I just recorded a Weezer cover (on a thread somewhere here) on Sunday and I'm still blown away by the 11R. Takes a mere seconds to create great sounding rigs (IMHO). I still think that "one day" I will own an AxeFX, but at this juncture it's something I will only look into when I have an excess of $$$, and not something I feel I need to conciously work towards. The 11R definitely has me sated.

7. p.snail

p.snail Member

I really can't speak first hand on either piece of gear as I don't nor ever have owned either, but based on the amount of clips I've checked out on youtube and here, the 11 is REALLLLLLLYYYYY hard to beat. My hang ups in the past have been with Digidesign and Avid themselves. They are slow to update things and their stuff only used to work properly with Mac computers that cost a fortune. Their integration with Windows was usually just a nightmare waiting to happen. I've read that a lot of the bugs with Windows 7 are resolved now. If that's the case then this really is the right choice as it would kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Even if the Axe comes down to a grand (not likely until the II starts actually shipping), I would still have to buy an interface and a DAW, this makes the 11 all that more appealing. I'm not a rich guy, but I do know good tone, and I've owned nice gear in the past. I need to hold the cost down as much as possible as I have a 5 year old with a powerful need to eat....lol.

Is anyone using this with Windows 7? Is it running smooth or is it glitchy as it ever was?

8. adamquek

adamquek Member

I have been running the 11R on Windows 7 since support was in beta. There were teething issues at the start (hey, it's beta!), but for the most part it has been a painless experience, especially now with ProTools 9 which is properly supported. My PC is nothing fancy (an AMD AM2 system with 4GB of RAM and 7200 RPM SATA drives), but it gets the job done and more when it comes to recording.

While Avid as a whole may be a little slow in responding, the 11R dev team has been AMAZING at responding and working with the community. If you check out the DUC forums, the devs can be found there on an almost daily basis giving advice, the occassional tech support and engaging in friendly banter. I've had a great experience overall when it comes to tech support and warranty with my 11R. To add to that, the community on the DUC forums is very helpful as well.

9. DGTCrazy

DGTCrazy Moderator de Emporio Staff Member

Really great job. I hope you take this the right way.....but there's really no need for the self deprecating humor....( I understand it though)

Every one of you did a great job, and made something you can all be proud of!

10. X-Mann

X-Mann Member

@ P.Snail........I did buy a Mac to run the Pro-Tools software on & have no knowledge of the hangups w/ windows........fwiw..........I do understand what ur saying & where ur coming from though.........I think the point for me is, that I'm creating these songs w/ this equipment right now.........When I out grow it or can afford it I will move on......Lol

@DGTCrazy.......Thank you very much & I'm glad that you like it.......I can't stop writing & recording music right now......& my fingers haven't hurt this much in years.......Lol

Peace! X-Mann

11. X-Mann

X-Mann Member

Lol........Yea......He's got some chops fo sho.......Lol

It's cool when you can hear 3 or 4 different guitar players using different 11-Rack Rigs all in the same tune & right next to each other......Shows you where a lot of the tone comes from........

I've always been a fan of digital modeling............Even at the very begining............& now......well..........

It's a great time to be a guitar player........

Peace! X-Mann