11R Floor unit...

drock2k1

Silver Supporting Member
That's all. I want to make sure that this is at least discussed once a month by someone...even if it is in vain.

Last edited:

rublalup

That would be great.

Anybody think is possible to rehouse an 11r guts on a midi controller?

Pietro

2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy
I think you'll never see another update or change in the 11r whatsoever.

Hope I'm wrong.

willy_907

I was just thinking about this, this would pretty much kill most of the axe fx, kemper and pod hd buisness except for the people who use a lot of effects.. But it would be an amazing tool for. The regular pro guitarrist...

soli528

Look, my first gold medal.
Gold Supporting Member
I used to use a Ground Control Pro with an 11R, worked great. Split the switches so half were on/off for individual FX, the other half were direct access to patches. EXP pedal connected to GCP, played different roles per patch. Had one button to turn on tuner.

Double 07

The floor unit is the way to go for these modelling guys ultimately. No extra rack case to buy and carry around, no extra midi foot controller to carry, + speaker cab(s). Sheesh with all that you're lugging around more stuff then with a nice combo and a pedalboard. Which kinda defeats the porpose of going the modelling route in the first place.

The AxeFx guys can get away with a rack form factor because their market is going to include more of the pro level players who are actually making $$$$ from music. But I've noticed they are also coming out with a foot controlled floorboard version soon.

buddaman71

Student of Life
Gold Supporting Member
I have gigged with both floor units and rack rigs, and a 4u rack on a 412/212 cab with a single cat cable powering a foot controller is dramatically cleaner and faster to set up in a gigging situation than pulling multiple cables and power from the front of the stage. Maybe not if using a floor unit di to the FOH with no traditional amp or with a powered front wedge, but for traditional setup, I find the small rack/cab much preferable.

I've always treated my 4u shallow rack just like a tube head. As a seasoned live player, with thousands of shows of every kind, clubs to massive outdoor festivals, played over 25 years, I dont feel comfortable putting my entire rig at my feet, where beer/water/patrons stomp around.

Just my preference.

FuzzFox

The AxeFx guys can get away with a rack form factor because their market is going to include more of the pro level players who are actually making $$$$ from music. But I've noticed they are also coming out with a foot controlled floorboard version soon.
It's not the same thing, the floorboard unit is an effects-only unit, no amp or cab modeling. It's intended to use with the 4CM with traditional amps.

rnrmf

The floor unit is the way to go for these modelling guys ultimately. No extra rack case to buy and carry around, no extra midi foot controller to carry, + speaker cab(s).
I respectfully disagree. I wouldn't want my KPA in a floor format. All it would take is one drunk bogan spilling his beer over it and it's goodnight gig for me. I'd rather the critical gear be out of the way and only have a controller at risk.

Proco

I respectfully disagree. I wouldn't want my KPA in a floor format. All it would take is one drunk bogan spilling his beer over it and it's goodnight gig for me. I'd rather the critical gear be out of the way and only have a controller at risk.
This answer is gettig old IMO. Really, how many drunks have spilled beer over your pedalboard?

I've played in some crappy places for years and I've yet have to see this happening.

Or, you know, you could wrap you pedalboard with transparent plastic:

EDIT: Plus, I want to add... do you really need to carry your AxeFX/Kemper to a bar gig surrounded by drunk people who doesn't really care? I mean, none of my gear is exactly super expensive, but when I play in some places I just get the cheapest option posible while still sounding good. That means a BOSS ME-80 right now (a FlyRig maybe at some point in the future) and Valvestate combo.

Last edited:

rnrmf

This answer is gettig old IMO. Really, how many drunks have spilled beer over your pedalboard?

I've played in some crappy places for years and I've yet have to see this happening.

You've never played in Geelong have you? :p They spill a beer and I can pick up another FCB1010 quickly and cheaply for less than a decent fuzz pedal.

And regarding using a basic rig for these gigs, no. I've invested heavily towards getting the sound I like. And saying "Oh it's only a bar gig worthy of my cheap rig" to me reeks of unprofessionalism. If they're paying me, they get the best I can offer every time. That's why I got a KPA - to minimise the equipment load yet still sound consistently better than what I used to.

To each his/her own.

drock2k1

Silver Supporting Member
If anyone is savvy enough to Photoshop an 11R floor unit for us to daydream with that, I would even take that at this point.

gumtown

Here is one using the Eleven Rack and a FCB1010 midi foot controller,
combined to make the TenTen Rack.

Trending Topics