11R in Summary?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by swinginguitar, Jul 7, 2014.

1. turbolx5oh

turbolx5oh Member

+1

This is my exact setup.

2. JayRod

JayRod Active Member

I know a couple of people who did this. Judging from Ebay, there are many sellers that are doing the same exact thing. Pro tools isn't linked anymore to the ELeven Rack. If you do it this way, you get the extra 2 years warranty. on the flip side, Some are only buying it to get the extra Pro tools licence and they sell the Eleven Rack. It seems that Avid is happy with this, mainly for the pro tools sales, even though discounted, once someone is hooked on protools, they will fork out more dough for the upgrades or additional plugins. I somehow think that this is the only reason Avid is still making the Eleven Rack (to hook more people into pro-tools which isn't a bad software)

3. slugworth

slugworth Supporting Member

Know that the 11R fans are fierce in their loyalty, so much that they bully away the dissenting opinions.

Buy used so you can resell without losing much if you don't like it.

4. swinginguitar

swinginguitar Member

Well, I did it! Another seller but same premise.

Thanks for the input, people! At that price it's no contest for me...I just didn't want to have to fork out for PT as well and have to try to recover that money (although the current Sweetwater price for both is pretty good). Until this thread I never even though of eBay :facepalm

Honestly it still seems a little to good to be true...

5. swinginguitar

swinginguitar Member

You're certainly entitled to your own opinion :stir

6. highfidelity66

highfidelity66 Supporting Member

I just got my eleven rack here in the emporium with protool and the fcb controller.. Im just getting started but its pretty awesome so far! DEFINITELY get Singtalls superpack... Its amazing!!

7. clintmartin

clintmartin Member

I may be asking you a question or two in the future.

8. JayRod

JayRod Active Member

Line 6 Hd Series sounds great recorded. Even though I prefer Eleven Rack compared to My HD500 (I keep both) for the more natural feel, but recorded, the POD is just as good. Just listen to the many clips out there and you will be blown away by how good the Pod can sound recorded.

9. ccouch7

ccouch7 Member

Add me to the list of new Eleven Rack owners, this thing is awesome so far!
    Could you let us know how this setup works out for you?
    I'm thinking of that same rig.:)

10. clintmartin

clintmartin Member

Yes I will. I got the FCB1010 in today and installed the Eureka Prom. I set it up for the Fx and presets mode. The 11rack and speakers should be in by the end of the week...so hopefully by the end of the weekend I'll know a little more about what I'm doing.

11. Mangy71

Mangy71 Member

What were you using before for recording Clint? I was just listening to some of your Soundcloud clips. Just curious what you used before. I will also be curious to see what you think of the 11R when you get it.

12. ccouch7

ccouch7 Member

Thanks!

13. wpawley

wpawley Member

Just got an 11R and Voodoo Ground Controller. So far, so good. I got it to lighten the load, stop trying to move around a big Bass Rig. My lead guitarist got hold of my 11R tonight at practice. He had it sing'n in short order. Looks like it may have talked him into getting one also! As far as just using it for my Bass sound, it has done me well the last couple times I took it to practice.

14. The Interceptor

The Interceptor Member

...and it's frickin' AWESOME. The instructions on the web were fine, with the only slightly tricky bit being the chip change over but no dramas there. A quick 2 minute set up and it's away...just brilliant! Absolutely recommended.

I ordered the chip first and bought the FCB1010 the day after the chip arrived. It's quite amusing to modify a brand new gadget before you even fire it up.

15. mojah

mojah Member

I'm thinking of moving to 11r myself. Anybody have a warranty claim problem after buying on EBay?? Or a Positive experience?? I know most EBay sellers are splitting the 11r from pro tools. I don't have a problem with that, I don't need pro tools, but I have a suspicion if your EBay 11r goes down Avid wouldn't fix it.. I read a little from the duc.avid.com forum but no real world experiences...

16. wpawley

wpawley Member

I bought mine new. That, in itself brought me a HUGE problem........I don't want to over-write any of the programmed patch's! If Avid was to make for a change to it, I would suggest they add 50 USER preset slots. I know I can always get the original programming back using a save function in the stand alone editor but it is still new and I just haven't got the gumption up to over-write anything.

17. Promit

Promit Member

There is a complete secondary copy of the patches in banks AA-ZZ that cannot be overwritten.

18. JayRod

JayRod Active Member

That's really a non issue if you're buying new without pro tools since you will be able to register your Eleven. Just ask the seller if you will be able to register the hardware with Avid, and if for whatever reason you couldn't register it, then according to ebay it would be "item not as described" which entitles you to your money back + original shipping paid in case you want to return. some ebay sellers list as new and specify that you should be able to register with Avid and if it's new , I believe all will respond that you will be able to register with Avid which gives you the one year warranty.

19. clintmartin

clintmartin Member

Some of that is Amplitube and some of it is the HD500. I got the Eleven Rack in today...

20. Dr Git

Dr Git Member

I think the Eleven Rack is the best piece of gear i bought in my 40 years of playing guitar, especially for what they cost