11rack-- how are the fx, and how routable?

speedyone

Like Gasp100, I have been on an "all-in-one" quest for awhile now.

I've tried everything except for Axe, Kemper, and 11rack -- Zoom, Boss, Digitech, Line6, Johnson, FlyRig, everything!

Before I skip right to the "Big Two", I thought I might try the 11Rack.

Here is what I need to know before I buy it:

1. Is the fx chain highly configurable? For example, could I do this-- amp sim-50ms delay-de tune-reverb-425ms delay
2. Along those same lines, are the fx stackable? Can I do this: chorus 1 - chorus 2 - delay 1- delay 2- reverb

Thanks for any opinions you care to share, and feel free to share any other comparisons of the 11Rack to any of the other gear I have mentioned
if you have owned them like I have,

Thanks!!

rublalup

Hi, you cant do that.

However dont let that stop you... I could do that with my HD500, but would never think in going back now that I have my 11R. The HD500 now serves well as a midi foot controller.

speedyone

Well, stacked chorus is not necessary, but some tones I get REQUIRE multiple delays and detune (like Ty Tabor high gain sounds, and my own lead tone).... Bummer. :(

singtall

i've gotten a good Ty tone without multiple delays. the chorus can be set to work with the delay and get you real close.

speedyone

So can you describe how the fx the 11 offers are able to be configured? Are you stuck using them in only a certain order, or is it that you CAN order them however you want, but just not have multiple instances of them?

rublalup

The order of the chain is very flexible, but you only have one type of fx: mod, rev, delay, Od... There's a couple of free fx slots (ideal for pre-post eq) and you can use some fx on them... But not stacked delays/od

mixn4him

Silver Supporting Member
You do have the fx loop to add additional fx and it can be put anywhere in the chain ...

speedyone

I'm trying to not use any additional fx in the loop for ease of portability and rig simplicity...

So far though, from what I'm reading, the 11 looks like it will work for me.

speedyone

I have the Fly Rig now, and while it's good, it requires an extra pedal or two, and I'm looking for just one box.

Singtall, I'd love to hear or see any clips of your Ty Tabor sound!

rublalup

I have the Fly Rig now, and while it's good, it requires an extra pedal or two, and I'm looking for just one box.

Singtall, I'd love to hear or see any clips of your Ty Tabor sound!
The fly rig + a couple of pedals is going to be way more portable than the 11r+ foot controller

speedyone

Well, yes the Fly and 2 pedals weighs less.

I'm just frustrated that the Fly can't do the distortions I like....I'm aiming for ONE thing to do it all, even if it IS a rack.

Plus, the bonus is that my wife and I could use the 11 as a recording interface too.

I've heard some nice sound clips, so I think I may take the plunge!

:)

reentune

Silver Supporting Member
One in the emporiums for $275.
I traded a fancy amp head for mine many years ago…and the 11r is still worth way more to me than that head ever was.
It's just that now I could trade the head for three 11rs!

Oh, and get the Singtall presets and the new Sweetwater presets.
Some real good stuff between the two of them.

And my all-time fave is David Torn's lil'boldfacestack preset.

Love the 11r.

Al Varez

I've tried everything except for Axe, Kemper, and 11rack -- Zoom, Boss, Digitech, Line6, Johnson, FlyRig, everything!

Before I skip right to the "Big Two", I thought I might try the 11Rack.

Here is what I need to know before I buy it:

1. Is the fx chain highly configurable? For example, could I do this-- amp sim-50ms delay-de tune-reverb-425ms delay
2. Along those same lines, are the fx stackable? Can I do this: chorus 1 - chorus 2 - delay 1- delay 2- reverb

Thanks for any opinions you care to share, and feel free to share any other comparisons of the 11Rack to any of the other gear I have mentioned
if you have owned them like I have,

Thanks!!
I had the 11r with the additional amp models. I thought the FX were ok sounding. The FX in the THR10, the Zooms, Digi RP's are better sounding and there's more of them. I didn't really get deep into configuring the 11r effects before returning it. The 11r amp models sounded about the same quality as the RP series but with more noise/hiss and an annoying noise gate on every patch I had to turn off. I didn't keep the 11r because I thought it wasn't a step up from the rp355 in any way, other than it had a nicer screen/interface, not that I find the rp355 hard to use or edit. The 11r is HUGE and ridiculous HEAVY (are there bricks inside it's case?), you need to buy a separate floor controller and it's still overpriced IMO at $300. I've owned the RP355 since around 2009 or 2010 and I'm still very happy with it. One of my best gear purchases ever. I own the Zoom g1xon for the effects only, the amp modeling isn't as good as the RP's IMO. I returned my THR10X cause it was ear fatiguing, had a harshness I couldn't dial out, but great effects. Never liked any BOSS/Roland guitar gear I've ever tried. I have some of the Joyo clones of the Tech21 pedals. I like the Marshall clone but it broke and is all SMD/unfixable inside. The Vox clone is too noisy, annoying. The Fender one is meh.

rublalup

I had the 11r with the additional amp models. I thought the FX were ok sounding. The FX in the THR10, the Zooms, Digi RP's are better sounding and there's more of them. I didn't really get deep into configuring the 11r effects before returning it. The 11r amp models sounded about the same quality as the RP series but with more noise/hiss and an annoying noise gate on every patch I had to turn off. I didn't keep the 11r because I thought it wasn't a step up from the rp355 in any way, other than it had a nicer screen/interface, not that I find the rp355 hard to use or edit. The 11r is HUGE and ridiculous HEAVY (are there bricks inside it's case?), you need to buy a separate floor controller and it's still overpriced IMO at $300. I've owned the RP355 since around 2009 or 2010 and I'm still very happy with it. One of my best gear purchases ever. I own the Zoom g1xon for the effects only, the amp modeling isn't as good as the RP's IMO. I returned my THR10X cause it was ear fatiguing, had a harshness I couldn't dial out, but great effects. Never liked any BOSS/Roland guitar gear I've ever tried. I have some of the Joyo clones of the Tech21 pedals. I like the Marshall clone but it broke and is all SMD/unfixable inside. The Vox clone is too noisy, annoying. The Fender one is meh.
:messedup

speedyone

Well, we all hear things differently, and with every unit (not including Axe and Kemper so I'm told) there are trade-offs.

For example, I preferred the amp tones in the RP1000 to the Zoom G3/5, but no stackable fx and the routing options on the RP sucked.

The fx on the Zoom trumped the RP, but patch access/live use of the G5 sucks compared to the RP.

The Line6 fx and layout are awesome for live use, but I don't like the amp tones.

So, always a trade-off somewhere it seems.

speedyone

So a question for anyone with the 11Rack:

Is there a noticeable lag when changing patches?
Is there fx spillover (trails) when switching between presets?

Didn't see any info about spillover on threads I have read, or the user manual.

rublalup

So a question for anyone with the 11Rack:

Is there a noticeable lag when changing patches?
Is there fx spillover (trails) when switching between presets?

Didn't see any info about spillover on threads I have read, or the user manual.

There a little lag... just like the HD500. Nothing that will be a problem in a live gig

There´s not spillover trails

wpawley

There is a lot to be said for and against the 11R. I have had mine for just a few months and I enjoy the heck out of it. Maybe not as flashy as some other units but it works for me (Bass and Guitar). It is a Rack unit and if you want to remote control it, you have to invest in some kind of floor pedal board (VooDoo Lab Ground Control, FCR1010, or some other pedal). I have the VooDoo Lab Ground Control Pro loaded from Sweetwater and the tones are great. I use it mostly for Bass but sometimes my Lead Guitar player gets all wound up with it and just leaves his amp at home and uses it instead (he is saving his Nickels and Dimes to get him one, LOL). I have no doubt that there is something "better" out there but, for what I do, it is all I need.

mojah

Singtall's Ty patch is really good. He sells a package of presets for around twenty bucks. I bought it to see how people use the 11R. I believe the Ty patch is on elevenrackpresets.com for free. I like the effect algorithms better with the fx I use (delay, reverb, chorus) on the 11R than the Hd500. If your going to a rack route anyway, and need more, an external fx processor isn't a big deal. It stays wired up in the rack just enable the midi through on 11R to change presets.

Eagle1

If you can go for the big two don't waist time and money on this it will just end up on eBay.

Trending Topics