• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

12-and-14 year olds were dragged by parents to the live music at the restaurant. What's the new tune that makes them happy?

Stx

Don't kid yourselves. Mom and Dad's clothes and music are mom and dad's. But if they hear a live band play even one tune that's really new and big with their own crowd, they are much happier to be there.
What tune would it be right now?

Julio Iguana

I’m thinking the kids are gonna already be absorbed in whatever’s on their EarPods. Now if they happen to remove them because something live piqued their interest, well...

Stx

Well I'm 16, if I were there I'd really like to hear "Song in the Breeze" by the Outlaws.

But as for mainstream music kids listen to... play "Wet Ass Pu**y" by Cardi B, fun for the whole family...
I searched the Tiktok parent's reactions. Probably not THAT much different from "Whole Lotta Love" long version 50 years ago, I know. The Middle School kids probably do really like this one. Good to know. NOT to play!

Phil3

I searched the Tiktok parent's reactions. Probably not THAT much different from "Whole Lotta Love" long version 50 years ago, I know. The Middle School kids probably do really like this one. Good to know. NOT to play!
Yeah I know, every generation looks at the next and sees that generations music and culture as vile, even though their parents thought the same thing about their music and their culture. It's a natural cycle.

But... oh God... the crap that gets passed off as music by my generation is sad. It brings me pain. So many of these people don't even write their own music anymore. And all the instrumentals are just programmed on a computer.

HOW MANY BLOODY PEOPLE DOES IT TAKE TO WRITE ABOUT WHIPPING YOUR HAIR BACK AND FORTH?!!? Jeez...

I'm done ranting now.

Boeing bloke

I read somewhere that EVH bumped WAP out of the top.

That being said...my kids are interested in some older music as well as new, although they gravitate to the flavour of the week if they have a choice.

I think an acoustic artist playing WAP would be hilariously entertaining!

Harald

Might be my kids only but my view is that there really isn't much left of the zombie like herd mentality of my youth (eighties, music charts were all powerful).

Youngest likes Guns'n'Roses (and Rick Astley), middle one is into singer/songwriter stuff and oldest one techno and classical jazz.

Could be me having done something right though so YMMW. ;)

somecafone

Cardigan by Taylor Swift
Or that song by The Weekend (I know I’m spelling it wrong) with the Linn Drum.
That song has been huge and he even got the Super Bowl Halftime Show.

somecafone

Yeah I know, every generation looks at the next and sees that generations music and culture as vile, even though their parents thought the same thing about their music and their culture. It's a natural cycle.

But... oh God... the crap that gets passed off as music by my generation is sad. It brings me pain. So many of these people don't even write their own music anymore. And all the instrumentals are just programmed on a computer.

HOW MANY BLOODY PEOPLE DOES IT TAKE TO WRITE ABOUT WHIPPING YOUR HAIR BACK AND FORTH?!!? Jeez...

I'm done ranting now.
The new cliche for TGP.
A young man yelling at clouds.

Trending Topics