12 String capo

Discussion in 'Acoustic Instruments' started by taylormade, Jul 5, 2006.

1. taylormade

taylormade Member

What capo do you favor while playing a 12-string. I use a Kyser for my 6-string acoustics.

2. PB Wilson

PB Wilson Member

Shubb makes a wider capo perfect for 12 strings. I love my Shubb and have had it for many, many years.

3. PAF

PAF Member

SHubb makes great stuff

4. waxnsteel

waxnsteel Member

Kyser made one. It worked great on mine. Can't find it. Hope they still make them. Haven't been capoing (as if that's a word) the 12-string much lately.

5. exhaust_49

exhaust_49 Member

I don't own a 12 string. For my six string the best capo I've found is the deluxe shubb. You can adjust the tension, it's very easy to use. It's got everything I could want in a capo. They also make a 12 string version.

6. Tallhorses

Tallhorses Member

The shub is sweet!

7. MichaelK

MichaelK Member

If you already favor the Keyser 6-string, you'll probably favor a Keyser 12-string.

I have both Shubb and Keyser. I prefer the way Keyser stays put and the way it sounds. The Shubb's tension is uneven across the fretboard so the open strings don't ring out nice and clear. If you move it around the neck a lot (as I do) the Shubb takes a little more time to set up just right, which can be less than desireable on stage. But I use Shubb for multiple capo-ing because it doesn't get in my way.

I always use the Keyser Drop-D, though.

8. suttree

suttree Member

i use a kyser in open tunings, when i'm taking the time to be fiddly. i use a shubb when i'm playing standard tuning, and just want to slap it on and go.

both shubb and kyser make 12 string models, and they both work great.

tried the new planet waves cheapo capo, that ratchets on? not too good, IMHO. fine for a campfire, i suppose... i'd spend the extra $15 though.

9. gtr777

gtr777 Supporting Member

Try the new NS capo by Planet Waves. To me it's the best on the market now. works great on 12 string and it's very easy to use.