12 String Electric builders?

Codyyy

Long shot but are there any boutique brands that would make a 12 string electric? Nash makes one but I’m trying to find 1 11/16 or 1 5/8 nut width for a more vintage feel (without some of the vintage quirks). They won’t do a custom nut width. Thanks.

scott

Silver Supporting Member
Ive done quite a few but 1 5/8" nut width is really tiny.
Thats not a lot of room for your fingers with all those strings.

chromo

If you were to go the parts route finding an neck with less than 1-3/4" nut width is still a significant challenge. Musikraft and Warmoth both make 12 string Fender style necks but neither offers a smaller nut width than 1-3/4" on their menus. Maybe one of them would do a it as a custom thing but I don't know for certain.

Shane S

If you are not in a hurry Saul Koll or Joe Yanuziello can build you the 12-String of your dreams. I have one from both of them.

kingsleyd

Frikkin genyus
Platinum Supporting Member
If you are not in a hurry Saul Koll or Joe Yanuziello can build you the 12-String of your dreams. I have one from both of them.
My brother Jon has a 12-string from Saul (who is currently building him a fretless/12 double neck for gigging) and I have one from Joe Y (which I'm schlepping up to Chicago for a couple of gigs later this week) and I highly recommend either/both. But yeah, it'll entail a wait.

stan p

Veillette or Rickenbaker

summary-electric-aero-electric.jpg

Trending Topics

Top Bottom