12 string emulator...

TheRealDeal

Looking for a pedal that does just that...solid and tracks well for a 12 string sound. Any thoughts?

sstweed

Gold Supporting Member
They never sound right to me. Always just sounds like an up octave sound. I get that that's part of the 12-string sound. But there's also the unison B and E strings, etc and, well, somehow it's just different. Not sure I know why. Some clever engineer should really make a pedal that accurately models a 12-string. That would be pretty cool I think.

Last edited:

corbetta

^^^this. Also, paired strings (courses) behave in a more way that is difficult to model—you have minute tuning variations, phasing issues, vibrational interferences...it's a really complicated and unpredictable thing!

As far as I know, Mosaic does not give the upper octave for the two high strings. So, apart from the mentioned various unpredictabe aspects of a real 12 string, Mosaic seems to do the job. At least it makes more sense than just regular octave pedals.

ERGExplorer

The Digitech Mosaic is designed to do this.
Yup, Mosaic.
They never sound right to me. Always just sounds like an up octave sound. I get that that's part of the 12-string sound. But there's also the unison B and E strings, etc and, well, somehow it's just different. Not sure I know why. Some clever engineer should really make a pedal that accurately models a 12-string. That would be pretty cool I think.
As far as I know, Mosaic does not give the upper octave for the two high strings. So, apart from the mentioned various unpredictabe aspects of a real 12 string, Mosaic seems to do the job. At least it makes more sense than just regular octave pedals.
Yup.

"Immediately identifiable 12-string tones are now yours with octave low strings and doubled high strings. "

sstweed

Gold Supporting Member
Yup.

"Immediately identifiable 12-string tones are now yours with octave low strings and doubled high strings. "

Well that's about as good as I've heard in a pedal. Compared to a real 12 it's still a little meh, but it was a cool effect on its own. I would like to try it. I was not aware of this pedal so thanks for posting that!

MattLeFevers

Yeah I wouldn't necessarily try for this with the Micro POG unless you just happened to already have one. I love mine but the twelve-string type sound only works if it's blended in kind of subtly, if you crank the octave up higher than noon on a clean setting it sounds pretty wonky.

Trending Topics