$1300 cap,small,headroom,1 channel clean ?????????????

missing_dave

trying to help a buddy out with some research on this one..this is usually the best place..hes currently using a super reverb..loves the cleans but WAY to big for him and doesnt quite need the volume.. hes in CT and is selling it with a ATA roadcase for $1000 (its mint 2006). and wants to buy another amp..

what should he buy???

bynt

That Groove Tubes solo 45 might fit the bill nicely. I really dig those. I've heard them called a "Deluxe that ate a Twin" and thought that was a good representation of them.

Eugene

Silver Supporting Member
Clark Beaufort with the add on reverb? I have one and its fantastic....

If he likes EL84s, a Maz Jr might fit the bill....

Eugene

Crikey

Fender's current Custom Vibrolux Reverb is worth a listen. Or even the '65 Deluxe Reverb reissue. Either of these would leave more change from $1300 than the boutique options.

Crikey

bluesdoc

Gold Supporting Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Save a chunk of change and pick up an old MusicMan RD50. Ignore the 2nd channel.

jon

CrazyFingers

How about a used Fargen Blackbird 30 or 40W 1x12 combo? Crystal clean Fender tones, minimal bells & whistles, nice subtle reverb. Light & portable.

pjrhd28

Platinum Supporting Member
Try the Victoria 6L6 Victorliux or Victoriette in a 2 x 10, or 1 x12, or 1 x 15 setting.

The Victorilux especially is marketed as Super like with earlier breakup and smaller size.

FFTT

Gries 35
VVT Amps Fralin or Blue Belaire
Category 5 Tsunami or Andrew
Allen Accomplice
Top Hat Club Deluxe

mild

My personal quest for this ended with the Goodsell Super 17 mk2.

Its simplicity. Absolutely love that amp. :)

K-Line

Vendor
I took a chance on a Princeton Reverb II for about $650. It is very nice, has the 12" speaker, two channels but just don't switch. All point to point. Throw in a Cannibus Rex and very nice for the price.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom