• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

14 'rare' photos of Cream

musicman10_1

Silver Supporting Member
Clapton has quite a look on his face in some of those pics. I'm sure he does not suffer foolishness easily.:mad:

Bluesful

Silver Supporting Member
So there's 3 bursts in those pictures: pickguard, no pickguard and bigsby. Which one of the 3 was the Beano LP? Or was it a different burst altogether?

coolhand78

greatest band ever!

despite what they say now, i reckon they would have had a lot of fun at times :)

JRC4558Dude

So there's 3 bursts in those pictures: pickguard, no pickguard and bigsby. Which one of the 3 was the Beano LP? Or was it a different burst altogether?
Good question....

It's quite possible that none of those are the Beano Les Paul, as it was stolen shortly after Cream formed. Most of those pictures are from late '66, so the Beano LP was likely long gone, and what you see are the various loaners that Eric used.

Bluesful

Silver Supporting Member
Good question....

It's quite possible that none of those are the Beano Les Paul, as it was stolen shortly after Cream formed. Most of those pictures are from late '66, so the Beano LP was likely long gone, and what you see are the various loaners that Eric used.
I remember reading that it was stolen, I didn't know that it was stolen that 'early'.

Etosser

None are Beano. Beano was stolen during the rehearsals for the Twisted Wheel gig. The Bigsby is the borrowed Keithburst, and the tomato soup '60 is the Andy Summers burst.

chrisjw5

What a great shot:

I agree. Funny, they're all sitting. For Cream.

Queue up the TGP angst-o-meter.

I believe so. If I recall correctly, Summers mentioned in his book that he had a bit of a sideline gig selling "vintage" instruments of note. He knew early on that some vintages where worth seeking out.
That is super cool info. Andy had to be pretty young. EDIT: (I just looked it up) he and Eric are 2 years apart, with andy being older. I don't think of them that way, as Eric was a star in the late 60's. Andy was 15 years later.

Dave2512

Now fire up the Klooks Kleek show and marvel that those clean cut kids were the ones making that huge sound. Hadn't really adopted the rock star look back in 66.

Trending Topics