• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

15 - 20 Watt Marshall Style Amp Recommedations

Ray1960

Hi,

First time I've ever posted in this section but was looking for suggestions about a Marshall voiced low watt combo amp. I have a Fender style amp and was thinking about getting a different voiced amp. Under 2000. Any help is appreciated.

8len8

Silver Supporting Member
There are many threads about this topic. Use the search tool and you should run across many.

Tread

Low headroom...... 2061X ...a little more ... not much but a little....different tone as well. To my ear. YMMV.

big mike

Cathode biased
Platinum Supporting Member
if you can find one Reinhardt 18. KILLER amp. Best small wattage marshall I've heard.
2061 is fun too, but I prefered the Reinhardt. Wish he was still building.

fusionbear

exquirentibus veritatem
Platinum Supporting Member
I really miss both my Blankenship carry-on and Leeds 21. Stellar amps.

lemmiwinks

lots of options. Marshall 1974x and 2061x spring to mind. But there are a lot of companies that do great renditions (with the bugs worked out) of these classic low wattage Marshalls.

grizdeluxe

So many options. IMO the best bang for your buck would be a two channel four holer head, each side voiced slightly different, a 1x12 semi open cab, and a closed back 2x12. I use this arrangement and get a lot of variety swapping cabs, speakers, and either blending the channels or combining them.

wingwalker

Fuzzy Guitars
I looked for low wattage Marshall style amps and was never happy until I plugged into a 1962 Fender Deluxe...

My brown Deluxe will out Marshall almost ever 18 or 20 watt Marshall or clone I've tried yet!

Ben S.

Reeves Custom 18,

I have this and highly recommend it. It has the 1974x tone, but it has power scaling which is nice option (you can take it out of the circuit easily), it has a master volume as part of the power scaling (it can be taken out of the circuit easily) and it has a high gain switch that lets you get some JCM800 tone if you want.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom