1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

15 watt matchless differences?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by marvelboy_04, Mar 2, 2012.

1. marvelboy_04

marvelboy_04 Member

well currently Im looking at box style amps again, and have never tried a matchless. I need something that will be portable, sound good at lower volumes, yet still be giggable. Matchless has 3 15 watt combos, yet their site leaves something to be desired. what are the differences between the spitfire, lightning and nighthawk?

2. Vibrolux

Vibrolux Gold Supporting Member

search the posts. There was some recent discussions on this exact topic. Also someone posted a really good video comparing the Spit vs. the Lite

3. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

I have a bunch of them. I haven't found a difference worth noticing, and the only criterion that affects which one I grab going out the door to a gig is whether I plan to play tunes that require trem.

4. David Carlyon

David Carlyon Member

Hi Geronimo...do you have a king cobra? What others do you have? And no major differences?
    Cheers!