17 year old Jazz Guitar

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Brian0192, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Brian0192

Brian0192 Member

Hey dudes,

I recorded this tape for my college audition. I ended up getting accepted with some nice scholarships included to all of them, but I never really got any critique on the quailty of the improvisations, and my general performance.

anyways, I'd love it if you guys could check it out and give me some good criticism. I did:

Bebop - Dizzy Gillespie
    Polkadots and Moonbeams - Standard
    Passion Dance - McCoy Tyner

Please check out as much as you can and let me know what you think...the whole thing runs about 10 mins. If you can't do the whole thing, check out a song or two and just tell me what you heard, you don't have to rush and generalize it, i understand not everyone wants to sit around listening to some random internet dude for 10 minutes, haha.

Stream it here:

Bebop : My Music - 01 Track 01 - eSnips

Polkadots : My Music - 02 Track 02 - eSnips

Passion Dance : My Music - 03 Track 03 - eSnips

Thanks!

-Brian

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  2. TommyGuitar

TommyGuitar Member

really good man! i wish i played like that when i was your age.. actually i wish i played like that now! the first thing that sticks out to me is your sound, it's not round or thick enough for my liking. but that's just me! what are you using? strat, tele?

3. Brian0192

Brian0192 Member

Thanks Tommy!

I was actually using an Ibanez RG770 into a Rev F Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier...I don't normally go for the really thick cleans, I like them thinner and more transparent sounding, not much mids...I also gave it quite a bit of post-eq processing to further this effect. I have trouble playing through thick clean sounds...

4. Ccooper97

Ccooper97 Member

Dude, that's awesome. I'm 14, and next year's gonna be my junior year in highschool. Any tips you would have for me on how to get proficient like this? I'm already pretty good, but I want to learn the theory behind jazz, any references? If you could PM me (For the sake of the thread) that'd be great!

5. Brian0192

Brian0192 Member

Thanks a lot guys! Criticism is welcome.