18 volt 'wall wart' adapter recommendations

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by DSL74, Apr 21, 2015.

1. DSL74

DSL74 Member

Can anyone recommend some brands (other than Dunlop) for 18v adapters? Looking to buy more than one (possible 3 total) for some pedals (Belle Epoch, SL Drive) and want a brand that can safely power these pedals without causing damage of course. I know the Dunlop's are ok, but there are bit pricey it seems and since I want to get maybe 2 or 3 of them, hoping there is safe, less expensive alternative out there.
    Thanks.

2. Squatch57

Squatch57 Member

I just bought two 18V pedals this week (Infinity, Frost Bite), but I'm powering them with a cioks DC10

The wallwart that came with the Infinity (300mA) is quite tiny and looks like it wouldn't be expensive

Maybe check with Pigtronix if that's enough amperage, they might be OK value

3. yawiney

yawiney Member

Pigtronix makes the thin kind that take up less room. Mine don't take alot of current so you have to double check that. been using um for years till Fri when i got a psu that can handle 18v.

4. chilln

chilln Member

I haven't used these, but monoprice has 18v/200ma adapters for guitar pedals.

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?p_id=611691

Tip negative
    Input power of 100~240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
    Output power of 18 VDC, 200mA
    DC connector barrel/pin diameter is 5.5mm/2.1mm