1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

18watt forum

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by dju, May 19, 2011.

1. dju

dju Member

I recently tried to create an account on the 18watt forum and I never received the confirmation email to complete the account enrollment. when ever I try to recreate my account it tells me my email address is already used. I have been unalbe to find any contact email address's on the home page to get help so I was hoping somebody could email me a moderators email address so I can get this straightened out.

thanks for any help ya'll can give,
    dj

2. VTM Mike

VTM Mike Member

I'm in the exact same boat. It's been about 5 days or so, and I have the same thing going on. :huh

3. crazyForce

crazyForce Member

In the morning shadow of the Bear River Mountains
    Add me to that list.

4. coldengray

coldengray Supporting Member

you need to email graydon via his GDS Amps. he runs that site. it was the only way I could get registered.

5. crazyForce

crazyForce Member

In the morning shadow of the Bear River Mountains
    I did try that. Still no response. I'm not upset at all (how could I be?). It does seem like it might be a nice place for info and different opinions, though.

6. QRSS

QRSS brutalist

have you tried any of the sister forums?

-SEwatt.com
    -PPwatt.com
    -45watt.com
    -Wattkins.com

one username works for all. maybe you'll have better luck.

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  7. dju

dju Member

so if I were to try on one of the other sites it would be good for all of the sites? maybe I'll give that a try. or maybe just try contackting Graydon at gds.

thanks,
    dj

8. Rockyrollercat

Rockyrollercat Member

I've been trying to get on that site for years, I think you have to be cool or something to get in. Now I'm LOLing after finding this thread, maybe I'm ok after all.

RRC

9. VTM Mike

VTM Mike Member

YEARS??!! We're screwed then!!:omg

10. zzmoore

zzmoore Member

I thought Karma and Poetic Justice finally caught up with that place......

11. VTM Mike

VTM Mike Member

Ok, I was able to register on the watkins forum after 4 failed attempts and resetting passwords and such.:mob

I get to 18watt and get this message:
    "NEW UPDATE 4-25-2011: The 18Watt site is down for an upgrade so we are not adding any new members until the upgrade is complete. At that time, I hope that registration will be automated with adequate protection to keep out the scammers. Please check back over the next few days. I will post a notice here with instructions for new prospective members. "

I hope I don't make the scammers list.

12. candh

candh Member

It's an exclusive club you know. Gotta try to keep the pee ons and riff raff out...;) I think I'll go and catch up on the latest developments..:p

13. BarryW

BarryW Supporting Member

They've just been having site problems - it's a great group, lots of great information and some really smart, kind and helpful folks. Be patient, hopefully they'll get it sorted.

14. RocksOff

RocksOff Member

I'm a member. You proletariat types aren't welcome!
    ; )

15. soundchaser59

soundchaser59 Silver Supporting Member

I am leery of joining any sight that automatically replaces the word "weber" with some filler or refuses to post anything that has the word "weber" in it. If you search for the word "weber" you get nothing in the forums. In a place dedicated to custom 18 watt amps, "Weber" should certainly have a place.......unless there is something odd going on?

What in the world do they have against weber?

16. RocksOff

RocksOff Member

Weber filed a lawsuit against 18watt. They legally can't use his name anywhere.

17. soundchaser59

soundchaser59 Silver Supporting Member

Maybe some kind of time limit passed or something.......I just logged in over there and even though I could not find anything "weber" using the search feature, I did see a few threads that mentioned a few Weber products.

Or maybe it's ok if one of the users does it in reference to gear they own?

I did notice I was not able to change my email address or my password, maybe after the upgrade is finished I'll try again.

18. plexi67

plexi67 Member

You might try Mark Huss, Jaysg over on The Amp Garage. They are members there and are moderators on 18watt.com
    I've been a member since the first day the forum was started over on the yahoo site.
    I use to help out alot there on the forums,but don't post there much anymore. It just got too crazy for me. And i didn't fit in or agree with some of the new members or the direction it was headed.

Some info needs updating,or needs correcting.
    As for the weber thing that was mentioned. Yes their was something that happened years ago, and one part was asked not to mention weber products. I think many of the weber build pics etc were removed. When you join their is a message about the weber thing.

The 18 watter and many of the offshoots from it are really nice amps.