• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

1956 Gibson 350T

derekd

Silver Supporting Member
Very cool guitar, cool story and great job.

Thanks for posting this.

Da Geezer

Silver Supporting Member
Where are you in Virginia, Mikey?
Blacksburg - pretty far away from oyster country!
I was just going to ask the same....I'm north of you in Staunton, but travel down that way often on business
We have zero techs left in my immediate area, so I'm glad to know you're around. Fretwork is especially a problem

What shop are you associated with, or your contact info?

Good work on Danny's guitar :aok

I was just going to ask the same....I'm north of you in Staunton, but travel down that way often on business
We have zero techs left in my immediate area, so I'm glad to know you're around. Fretwork is especially a problem

What shop are you associated with, or your contact info?

Good work on Danny's guitar :aok
I'm not really associated with a shop - but you can message me through here or the FB page "Aronson Custom Guitars". There's a guy in Baltimore named Phil who is way over my head, and when it comes to frets, he actually has Plek. But I'm always happy to have a look at anything you're having trouble with.

That's the one! If you look back at the photo of Danny in 1959, he has added one of the really nice, beefy toggle switch rings by the time this was taped.

And as Jim Fisher has noted, the scale is short. Also, the neck is extremely small and so i'm thinking Danny as a 9-year-old would have bonded quickly with this guitar.

Of course...duh.
Called them pointers for so long it never occurred to me.
That guitar got me looking around.
There's a '57 on Reverb for $4k.
Probably been stripped and headstock repaired, but it seems like a good price for a player...seller claims original PAF's.

Here's the deal, and why for some folks this could be a great vintage player. In 1956, they discontinued the 350 and re-designed it with a thinner body, hence the "350-T". The majority of collectors saw this as a less-desirable and less-collectible model. It has a very small neck and a short scale. For someone who wants a gigging vintage guitar and also is a: small or a child/adolescent, b: someone with small hands (no comment), c: someone who needs or loves a short scale.

It is certainly a very cool and beautiful guitar with tons of mojo. The pickups are 1950's P-90s! For the record they are soft-spoken pickups with really sweet high and mids. And very minimal hum!

Trending Topics