Sold 1956 Gibson Les Paul Special

pfair

Silver Supporting Member
I’m very sad to let this one go, but I need to continue to move some of what I consider my “luxury items” to help free up some money for graduate school.

This particular Gibson is an excellent example of a player grade 1956 Les Paul Special with all original electronics. I bought it earlier this year from an awesome forum member and I had every intention of restoring it to its original TV yellow finish and keeping it forever. However, things in life can change quickly and force us to sell some items out of our beloved collection so I wanted to start here.

I can provide additional pictures and information as requested, but I’ll list a few basic details here below and as it sits now:

What’s original:
  • Pickups and covers
  • Pots
  • Wiring harness
  • Switch
  • Switch tip
  • Jack
  • Jackplate
  • Bridge studs
  • Strap buttons
  • Pickguard
  • Switch plate
  • Truss rod cover

What’s non-original:
  • Binding on the treble side of the fretboard was redone by Kim @ Historic Makeovers in 2021 (fantastic work)
  • Knobs are Montreux reproductions (no originals included)
  • Backplate for the control cavity
  • Frets (currently has Jescar 6105’s)
  • Bridge (Mojoaxe, but original is included)
  • Tuners (Kluson re-issues, but originals are included)
  • Finish (stripped long ago along with the serial number, but pots and caps date it to 1956)

Neck Specs: 0.84 - 0.97
Weight: 6.83 pounds

I recently got this guitar appraised at Carter’s here in Nashville by Mr. Walter Carter himself and this guitar is, as he put it “the real deal”. Certification letter will be included. Value is at $9000.

Asking $7500 OBO and will work with prospective buyers on shipping costs. Guitar is on my Heritage policy which covers any issues during shipping (which FedEx and UPS don't offer if you read the fine print, despite your claimed value).

Please let me know if you have any questions, and thanks for looking!

Last edited:

pfair

Silver Supporting Member
Price drop and ready to move. Please PM me with any questions.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom