• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

1960 Burst tone

todd richman

I saw Hank play that guitar many times back in the mid to late 80's. Is this the one with the Bigsby and Dice control knobs? Is he still running McGonigal's in Perkasie?

Slide

Silver Supporting Member
That's the one. The bigsby has been removed for many years, replaced with period correct stop bar/abr bridge, and when sold, the original volume and tone controls were placed back on the guitar. I understand Hanks' guitar was featured in The Beauty of the Burst, and was known as the 7 come 11, because of the dice. However, Hank always called her Alberta. Not sure if he still runs a studio in Perkasie. Haven't been in that part of the country in a long time.

Last edited:

Red Suede

I haven't heard one Historic ever get that tone, and I have a good one. Most vintage Les Pauls I've heard sound like that or close to it. Something about that old wood and aging. Mine has the characteristics and will eventually get there (hopefully).

I haven't heard one Historic ever get that tone, and I have a good one. Most vintage Les Pauls I've heard sound like that or close to it. Something about that old wood and aging. Mine has the characteristics and will eventually get there (hopefully).
So glad to hear this sort of response. Most guys here are all "that vinnidge crap is stupid, and anyone who would spend that more than $5k to get an old one is an idiot. My Histeric is as good as any original", and blah, blah... That is some classic denial. Yes, I believe there must indeed be something to "that old wood and aging" and sh*t!!!!

franksguitar

Ironic I was sitting in with a buddy's band in January at an Italian Restuarant gig on Rt113 in Perkasie, PA.

Trending Topics