Sold 1963 Gretsch Corvette

Discussion in 'Guitar Emporium Archive' started by secndshft, Apr 16, 2016.

1. secndshft

secndshft Supporting Member

Up for sale (or trade -- see below) is my 63' Gretsch Corvette. This thing is a whole lot of awesome, but alas, I'm a one guitar guy (don't throw things please) unless the second guitar is a Jazzmaster. I always wanted a vintage Les Paul Jr, but I couldn't bear to pay the prices, and this filled the void. The neck is nice and beefy with great action, just like the LP Jrs, but with way less wallet trauma.

All original aside from the tune-o-matic which would is a great upgrade from the original bridge. As you can see, it's been played. But that's a good thing, right? The pickup is loud, clear and angry. Great snarl!! The original single line Klusons hold tune well. There's nicks and dings all over but this thing, though (guessing) just shy of 6 pounds is a structural tank. Take it to you next gig. You'll be happy you did.

Ask questions if you have them. The trades I will consider are vintage Fender tube amps and vintage Jazzmasters. I'm open to projects (stuff with issues) on either front but keep value in mind as you offer.

Thanks for looking.

$925 shipped / ppd CONUS

https://www.flickr.com/photos/11252929@N02/albums/72157664675275753

[​IMG]

2. mmunguia

mmunguia Supporting Member

Nice looking axe, how does it compare to a jr sound wise?

3. secndshft

secndshft Supporting Member

I've never owned a Jr only loved through the years. Compared to my tele the pickup is more full. It's a different animal than my tele as one would expect.