• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

1965-1967 Pro Reverb Chassis material ??

daveS

lefty dude on hiatus
Platinum Supporting Member
Is the amp chassis in a BF Pro Reverb ('65-'67) made of steel or aluminum ?

Fuchsaudio

I believe so. Fender changed their plating a couple of times during the early amp days. Some early tweed and early 60's "front mounted knob" amps appear to be nickel plated, the later ones seemed to be zinc plated. They are the ones which get a film of white powder on them, when the zinc leeches out of the metal. Its a mild form of corrosion.

They clean up nice with 000 steel wool and a little WD-40, which leaves a protective film behind. If you have them completely stripped of all parts, they can polish up well with car chrome cleaner too.

Last edited:

daveS

lefty dude on hiatus
Platinum Supporting Member
Thanks Andy...totally the info I was looking for. I have a 66 Pro Reverb with a white-ish film all over the outside of the chassis. I suspected it was oxidation by way of the zinc plating. I have a '65 Princeton Reverb that is still very shiny which I beleive is Ni plated.

Last edited:

Trending Topics