1965 AC30 kemper clip

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by stratotone, Apr 23, 2015.

1. stratotone

stratotone Silver Supporting Member

So I found a 1965 AC30 (non top boost) a few weeks ago while on vacation in Arizona. Just now got around to profiling this cool amp. This head loves my '72 Marshall bottom cab. Check it out:

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/okstrat/breakdown-1965-ac30-profiles[/SOUNDCLOUD]

2. Luca1979

Luca1979 Supporting Member

Very nice!

Will you offer the profile of this amp/cab combination?

3. JerEvil

JerEvil Supporting Member

Sounds great. Are these "merged" or "studio" profiles?

4. stratotone

Profiles are for sale on my web site. There are merged and studio and direct profiles of the amp. Something for everyone ;0 Thanks guys. It's a fun amp. One nice thing about the Kemper is to be able to crank a vintage amp for a few minutes and then you can use that tone any time.

5. C-4

C-4 Member

Here for now, Europe when I die. Am I dead yet?
    I LOVE the profiles you did! When I get a Kemper, I will be sure to look up your offered profiles!

6. stratotone

Thanks man! Added another clip on my website for the AC30 that's only the profile, no backing.

Pete

7. benifin

benifin Supporting Member

Hi Pete.

For those of us that only now use 3.0 Merged Profiles could you please list the 29 profiles and advise which are 3.0 Merged and which are not ?

Hoping this isn't too much hassle.

Ben

8. stratotone

Im not at home right now but the merged profiles have a M after the number and direct profiles have a D. Once I get home tonight I'll post again with the numbers.

9. Csgband

Csgband Member

Moved to Austin, formerly from Brooklyn, NY
    Great clip for sure

10. stratotone

Just got home - here's the breakdown:

There are seven 'regular' profiles. numbered 1 to 7.

Then profiles 8 to 14 have three versions each - a regular, a direct only and a merged. They are numbered like this - 08, 08D and 08M.

The reason why the last profiles have the three versions is because the merged profile stuff isn't perfect yet. I can still hear a difference between the merged and the 'regular' profiles. So, if I provide all three then if the process is improved by Kemper later on, you have the option of merging them yourself. Hope that makes sense. The hard part of merging is having the same amp settings when you make the miked profile and the direct profile, which I have done. The rest of it is cut and paste basically.

Oh, and the first few profiles aren't merged because I really didn't like the results I was getting with the merged but I liked the 'regular' profiles. The others are much closer but again, not exact.

If you have any questions, feel free to drop me a line at okstrat@att.net and I'd be glad to answer them to the best of my ability. And the last few profiles I've done have had and in the future will have at least some merged content. It's too cool a feature to not take advantage of, I just think it still has a few growing pains but nothing terminal.

Pete