• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

1966 Deluxe Reverb Power Transformer Q:

Ocelot

I have a 1966 Deluxe Reverb. The power transformer has the correct codes. But the wires emanating from the transformer in the chassis are not cloth-covered, they are plastic covered. I'm assuming, as the codes are correct but the wiring is plastic-covered, that it's a rewound power transformer? Any thoughts? Thanks.

JDJ

Silver Supporting Member
Some '66 BF amps had plastic covered wires out of the P/T, including my '66 Pro Reverb and '66 Vibrolux Reverb and '65 Deluxe. Not unusual.

Ocelot

Bump: just wondering if anyone else out there has a BF Fender with a power transformer with plastic-insulated wiring, rather than cloth. A friend of mine is skeptical and I'd like additional ammunition to convince him that the P/T is original to the amp.

JDJ

Silver Supporting Member
Hard to slip anything past you fellas! :D

The caps and cord have been done, but the selenium rectifier has not. Not sure how to do that. Can I get a new part, or does something else have to be rigged?

Trending Topics