Sold 1968-69 Fender Showman Reverb Amp Head TFL5000D

Discussion in 'Amps & Cabs Emporium Archive' started by wliston, May 2, 2016.

1. wliston

wliston Member

Hey Friends,
    I have for sale a 1968-69 Fender Showman Reverb Amp Head TFL5000D for sale that is in great shape. I bought this head from another person on TGP in 2011, but I don't remember who it was. Either way, it was a great transaction, and a GREAT buy. This head sat on a homemade cab in an iso-room for 4 years, and in my closet for the last year (smaller house, fewer gigs). I'm looking to buy on of the new Kevin Michael carbon fiber acoustics, so it's time to thin the herd of what I'm not using anymore! Check my other posts for the other stuff. Here's what I know about the amp:
    • It's in great physical shape. There's some dirt and vintage love on it, but only one small tear on the back corner of the tolex. It is pictured below.
    • It's in great sonic shape. The last time I used it, everything worked beautifully including the onboard reverb and vibrato. I'm including the non-original footswitch in the sale.
    • The tubes are young in their lives and have plenty left to give. They are all pictured uncovered below.
    • This thing is a clean headroom monster that takes to pedals well. I used a Four-Speed overdrive in front of it, and that, coupled with volume and tone knob use on the guitar, made for a versatile amp. While it is versatile, it is also loud, so just be prepared for that. It makes all your parts tingle in just the right way, though.
    What else do you want to know? Just message me and I'll get back to you ASAP, I've got the Kevin Michael on hold right now, so I'm looking for a quick and fair sale. $900 OBO. Thanks for looking!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  2. wliston

wliston Member

Bump! Send me your offers!

3. theshawgrandpa

theshawgrandpa Member