1969 Bassman question

MattTele

Hey all! Just scored my first vintage amp, a 1969 Fender Bassman, and a 1964 2x12 cab w/ Oxfords. Love it.
I was just wondering if I could simplify gig setup by using the power outlet in the back of the Bassman head. Would there be any inherent danger or noise associated with using it? I plan to plug my Line 6 M13 into it.
Thanks!
-Matt

zenas

Should be fine. I've plugged my 1987 Marshal into my Super Reverb many times. (the SR has the grounded plug)

MattTele

Sweet, I'll test it out when I get back to the jamspace! Also, do you guys know anything about jumpering the bassman's channels?

Matt I just got the same amp but with a 72 cab with twin 15". How quickly does your amp break up on the normal channel? Mine is around 3 but I'm not sure if that's natural for this amp or whether the tubes need a change.

Thanks

scott1568

I Have a '67. I think 3 on the dial is a little early.

Is your phase inverter tube (V4) a 12AT7? Often times people will put a 12AX7 in there to boost gain a little. Tried that, didn't like the tone myself.

I'll check it. I just got it last week and haven't done much tinkering until today when the cabinet arrived and I had a 4ohm cab to run to.

It sounds good, but just more pushed than I expected.

I Have a '67. I think 3 on the dial is a little early.

Is your phase inverter tube (V4) a 12AT7? Often times people will put a 12AX7 in there to boost gain a little. Tried that, didn't like the tone myself.
Scott I checked and it's definately an 12AT7. I dropped it off at the local tech to have him take a look. I'm hoping it's something like a power tube or something.

Trending Topics